cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G Home broadband - ZTE MC888 router (DNS settings)

WheelsOnFire92
Fledgling

Hi all,

I have had a 4G Plus Hub from Three for nearly 2 years now. Had it connected wirelessly to multiple devices (including my Smart TV) for that time, which included accessing various apps (including Netflix) on my TV).

About 18 months ago, Netflix (and only Netflix - Disney+, Prime, etc all worked fine) refused to buffer beyond 25%. After much agonising, phone calls to Netflix etc, it turned out that the DNS settings on the router needed to be reset, which I duly did, and no further problems arose.

Now, I have just upgraded to 5G home broadband, and received an ZTE MC888 router, which is branded with the Three logo. Set it up last night. I was expecting similar trouble, and lo and behold, said trouble was realised - Netflix on my TV refusing to buffer beyond 25%, all other streaming services working fine.

I went into the router settings once again, hoping it would be an easy fix of just resetting the DNS settings, but alas, I cannot for the life of me find where they are. I've tried LITERALLY every setting I can find on the blasted thing, to no avail. 

Am I missing something? Have I lost the plot? I don't know, but it's very frustrating, to say the least.

Hoping someone with the technical know-how can advise, or even provide validation to my suffering.

Thank you

AH

Best solution
Best solution
WheelsOnFire92
Fledgling

Resolved - needed to change the APN settings to three.co.uk

View solution in conversation

2 REPLIES 2
Best solution
WheelsOnFire92
Fledgling

Resolved - needed to change the APN settings to three.co.uk

jezza007
Fledgling

Glad this is a temporary solution for you, i will point out however that the three.co.uk APN at this time is CGNAT only ipv4.

This most likely explanation for the issue is to do with ipv6 interering with netflix when using 3internet APN. You could instead create a manual APN

with say name 3internetIPv4 (anyname can be used)

with APN 3internet

With ipv4 only

To test if netflix works better without ipv6 enabled

Most customers out there are likely needing to use the 3internet APN without CGNAT