cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G broadband constant internet drop outs

Culleton
Fledgling

For the last 2 months my internet has been incredibly unreliable. I kept having freezes during work Teams calls, streaming services keep freezing and online gaming has been near impossible with dropouts and high ping spikes. This is across all devices connected to the Wi-Fi.

I've installed internet connection loggers on a few laptops and it is showing at worse, drops every minute for 2-30 seconds then reconnects and repeats, this is on all devices connected. If no one is using the internet, no streaming, downloading or video calls we get no dropouts, as soon as someone starts doing one of them it starts dropping out again, web browsing doesn't seem to cause it. To add, there are only two people using the broadband with at most 2-4 devices at a time (TV, laptop and mobiles).

I have spent hours on phone with the technical support chat with no luck, after about an hour or so of making no progress they all get "disconnected". When I speak to the next person, they say I have to start the troubleshooting process again from the start doing all the same steps and they have no record of the person before.

I've done all the restarts, removing devices, unplugging devices, re-plugging and adding devices etc, used the 5G broadband app to find the best location for router and tried a new sim card. I haven't tried a new router yet (I am willing to try), although I'm sceptical that it'll work as it doesn't always cut out, I do have days it’s fine - although they are very rare.

I am currently using NR5103E router on a 5G contract, the coverage map says I'm in the area for 5G although I rarely ever have 5G and normally stuck with 4G with yellow/mid signal on app. Happy to share the internet connection logger history.

I'm past the anger/annoyed stage and just want a solution that actually works but cannot put up with any more web chats that do nothing but waste 2 hours. I mostly work from home and this is hugely impacting my productivity. I would just like the broadband to work as advertised, failing that, the ability to cancel with no fee.

Thanks and sorry for wall of text!

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds very similar to my experience 

Constant issues with the service.
Last week download was 600mbps. It's now 80
Three's network status don't show any issues, their customer service is awful.
I'm now cancelling and going elsewhere.

p1d9m73
Active

Same here,  been fine untill the last 2-3 weeks and now it drops multiple times a day and only way to get it back on is to reboot the 3 router. It's very frustrating,  my wife works from home for the NHS and has team calls all day which is very hard to do when your Internet is constantly dropping. The service page doesn't say any problems have been reported.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @p1d9m73,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been running into these issues, and that there's no issues flagging up. We'd like to take a closer look into this. I've sent you a PM with a link to some colleagues that can investigate this.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Culleton,

I'm really disappointed to hear that you've been pursuing this issue with support teams for so long without a solution being found. I've sent you a PM to direct you to an escalated team now that should be able to help.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

stevekn
Involved

"accept as solution " !!!!  LOL the 5G broadband internet dropping problem has been going on for months.

I assume we're no closer to a solution ? (other than to restart the modem several times a day ?)

Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to leave them ASAP

SB1
Fledgling

Same issues! In fact it’s just dropped out when replying to this message. Absolutely shocking. Customer services not helpful either, they couldn’t trace my account, they said it wasn’t even in my name! I went online to trace my mobile number of my router to pay my bill to which they added on 5.01. I already had a previous conversation to delete the added amount, no recall of that their end. Very frustrating. Sorry three but I’m very disappointed with the service. Souls of stayed with the previous extortionate provider, at least it worked. 😞 

SB1
Fledgling

Should* have stayed, that should say. I even have messages in my inbox on my router saying thanks for attending our Liverpool shop and speaking to our colleague. I’ve never been there?! I’m so confused. I ended up travelling to the three shop to get my three number to be able to pay my broadband bill. Sigh… 

stevekn
Involved

still dropping out several times a day !