cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working from home

ALI1
Fledgling

Good Morning 

I have had my contract since Feb 2022 and for the first 11 months the product was excellent.

Since Christmas I am having constant issues everytime I work from home using the mobile broadband as when I use the VPN to get on my work network my connection drops every 5 mins. This issue did not happen for the first 11 months using the product.

Myself and the IT department at my workplace have done numerous tests which various broadband providers and also using hotspot on various mobile phones and this issue does not happen  it only happens when using 3 network.

I have called numerous times to 3 but nobody seems interested in helping and I am hoping someone on here may have an idea what is going on.

Many thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
IQue
Regular

Do you have any issues in the area?

https://www.three.co.uk/support/network_and_coverage/network_support

If not, it's most likely the router has a fault...could be hardware, or a recent firmware update has caused it.

Do you know what router you have?

Also have you tried the SIM from the router in a 3 compatible or unlocked mobile phone and done a speed test?

ALI1
Fledgling

Hi

Just tried the sim in my unlocked phone and I am getting the exact same issue. Connection drops every 5 mins as soon as I login to my work vpn.

I have the 4g router I believe its a huawai one.

Shane470
Regular

I am having the exact same issue. The three support team are not interested in fixing the issue. Apparently they updated their system which blocked my works VPN. My campanies IT department checked everything and the issue lies with Three. The best way to fix it is to change broadband supplier. 

Quite funny as they advertise the 5G hub is great for working from home and in reality it does not work atal for work