cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5GHZ network disappears on Zyxel NR5103E

talktohardwick
Active

A new issue has started appearing. Every few days my internet connection dies completely and only a reboot of the hub (Zyxel NR5103E) will bring it back to life. About 50% of the time I have no 5ghz wifi until I reboot a few more times. It always gives me the 2.4ghz wifi. 

Is my router on its way out?

3 REPLIES 3
Spud
Involved

5Ghz connection in general seems a bit flaky IMHO.

I got a ZTE MF286D from Three and 5Ghz seems solid. I then got a secondhand Sercomm LTE2122GR and my ancient Acer laptop with an upgraded wireless module always connected immediately. But a couple of Android tablets can take up to a minute to find the 5Ghz WiFi. My new Acer Swift Edge usually connects immediately but sometimes takes a while. I haven't got to the bottom of it!

After the router reboots and the wireless is active, how long do you wait to connect to 5GHz?

CeAr
Regular

I had the same issue with the same router, apparently it's a botched firmware update. I had the Three dude nuke it to factory reset it from orbit and, so far so good, 5G seems stable again (been two days). 

Everyone reading, TURN OFF AUTOUPDATE IF YOU HAVE THIS ROUTER AND IT WORKS.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for sharing this @CeAr, I'm not quite sure that's what we call the process but glad to hear it worked. 🤣

@talktohardwick have you tried speaking to the Broadband teams about the issue? The 2nd line tech teams do have some systems where they can remotely reset router software so it sounds like that would be worth a go.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.