cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From 5G to almost nothing, EH7

ciaoamigo
Fledgling

Unable to login to my online Three account (thanks to nothing happening after completing the captcha) and customer support haven't been able to resolve my issue so am left with no option but to post here.

Been using the 5G broadband router for about 18 months. The last three months have seen a marked decrease in speed. Previously we would get up to around 900Mbps. Now we're lucky to get above 10Mbps. Had a video call with colleagues last week and it was the worst yet, so I called Three technical support. Apparently there's an issue in my area and they'll be in touch after 7 days. A week later (today), no text from Three, so I call again and, after obliging going along with various checks, was told the same. The thing is, on the network status checker, there are no issues in my area at all. (I'm left wondering whether they are just saying something because there's nothing they can do.)

I get a red light for signal (one LTE bar and zero 5G bars on the router interface). Previously used to get blue with (almost?) full strength signal on both LTE and 5G. The router hasn't moved and, weirdly, if I put the router's SIM in my phone and put it in the same location it gets two 5G bars.

I've turned wifi off on my phone because the speeds were so poor and occasionally had to use the hotspot on my phone to get workable internet speeds.

The router is the NR5103E with the b15 firmware.

If a Three representative here can help me, it'd be much appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
MZone
Maestro

Call 333 option 4 option 3 and option 3 to discuss your issue with tech support.

ciaoamigo
Fledgling

That's exactly what I've done - twice. And I'll call again tomorrow because they told me to give it a week, yet again.