Logging in just got better. Find out how.
Good news – you can now use your My3 login details for Three Community.
The first time you use them, you can link your current Community username. Or you can create a new one.
Not used My3 before? You can register before you access Three Community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5g Router Losing Connection

Tink54
Regular

Hi. I’ve had a Three 5g router model number NR5103E for almost 2 weeks now. Really impressed when I first got it. Speed test showed 750mb/s. Unfortunately it drops out maybe twice a day and I have to power off and on. At the moment that’s no big deal but if I was to get smart devices like a video door bell or thermostat it would be. Three have said the mast near our home is running at full capacity so that’s why it drops out and they will be addressing the issue within the coming year. Not sure they’re fobbing  me off as the mast is only 200m away and has been replaced with a new one in the last year plus we only live in a village. Also it often fails in the middle of the night. Has any one with a similar issue found a solution? Many thanks in advance. 👍

5 REPLIES 5
sc1999
Local celebrity

Hi, check the firmware version. I don't use mobile broadband as it's too unreliable, but there have been a lot of posts here about routers suddenly ceasing to function as expected. Search the community for you router and, hopefully, you will find a solution.  Failing that try BT as my fttp has been faultless. 

Tink54
Regular

Many thanks for your reply. Since a week ago today the router hasn’t disconnected once. I haven’t done anything so maybe Three have sorted the problem out since I spoke to them. Really impressed with the hub now it’s working. Fingers crossed!! 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Tink54,

We rolled out a firmware update for the NR5103E to address some issues connecting to 5G so that's most likely what solved this, that or possibly a minor network issue in the area. Glad to hear it's working well for you now regardless. 🙂

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Shellywelly
Fledgling

Any update on your problem ? I’ve had my hub a week now and have exactly the same problem. Rang and been  fobbed off too. I’ve 30 days to return if not happy and don’t know what to do. Got a good signal but not reconnecting after drop outs is not really acceptable. 

Tink54
Regular

Hi, Sorry to hear this.

As I said in the original post. They said they will have a look at the problem within the next year. 👀! Fortunately the problem disappeared within a few days and has been solid as a rock since then. So they must have done something.

Get onto them. I was impressed how quickly they answered and it was nice to talk to a human being at these tech companies for a change.

Good luck!