cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5g not working with my devices

CD22
Fledgling

I have just upgraded to 5g and a new router, hopeful everything would be better but a lot of my things now won’t work, ring doorbell and cameras and also limited channels on my tv, definitely can’t get Netflix or Prime, can anyone help me please 🙂

10 REPLIES 10
sc1999
Local celebrity

I cannot help but the first question people will ask is what router have you got?

CD22
Fledgling

MC801A

Geluk
Key player

5G widely oversold; suggest you connect at 4G which presumably works.

CD22
Fledgling

I spoke to three and received it yesterday and plugged in only to find out then that nothing much will work, so I wanted to make sure it’s not me doing something wrong before I send it back and go elsewhere.

Anvil_Iron
Rising star

Sounds like you are having a Wi-Fi/LAN problem rather than a mobile connection problem. Is your mobile connection working normally?

Normally with a new router, Wi-Fi needs to be configured to the SSID and password your devices were using before.

Jax
Active

As you've now created a completely new network with a new ISP, then some of your equipment will require re-configuring to the new network, which can be so frustratingly annoying, but you'll have to do it regardless. Best of luck.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @CD22,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been running into issues with these devices since the upgrade. There was an issue with a recent software update that may be causing this, but if that's the case we should be able to fix it.

I'll send you a private message to direct you to some colleagues that can get this raised with the relevant technical team.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

DavidMack
Fledgling

Hi Johnathan - As of 19 July 2023 what I presume is a software update has knocked out all my 2.4Ghz devices such as the cctv cameras (of different makes). I wonder if this will be fixed?

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @DavidMack,

This thread is quite old and referring to a different issue, but you may find a solution these threads: FYI : IPv6 Prevented VPN Connection or New B14 Firmware For NR5103 has broken UPnP / Gaming! 

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.