cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5g router: ITV X not casing to Chromecast - all other services fine

davidbaker
Regular

Hi there

Last week my 3 5g router (ZTE MC801A) stopped casting ITV X to my Chromecast. It had been working fine before then since the day it was installed.

All other services (iPlayer, Netflix, YouTube etc) cast fine.

ITV X cast fine when I use a different wi-fi network.

I have done a factory reset of the router but still have the same issue.

Does anyone have any thoughts about how to solve this?

Thanks in advance.

David

Best solution
Best solution
davidbaker
Regular

SOLVED: Three technical support remotely sent a firmware update that downgraded router from IP v6 to IP v4. ITV X and All 4 casting fine now.

View solution in conversation

6 REPLIES 6
davidbaker
Regular

Update: I have also found the same problem with All 4. 

davidbaker
Regular

Update 2: Three technical support asked me to contact ZTE. I did this this morning. They suggested it might be because of a firmware upgrade but they couldn't confirm this. They asked me to take the router to SBE in Ashford, Kent. I have emailed them as I am in central London. I'm hoping they will be able to give me some advice over the phone. 

davidbaker
Regular

The firmware it is running is: BD_UKH3GMC801AV1.0.0B12

davidbaker
Regular

In settings, Auto Check is on. When I click Check New Version it returns "Check new version failed!".

Screenshot 2023-03-17 at 09.40.15.pngScreenshot 2023-03-17 at 09.41.09.png

Best solution
davidbaker
Regular

SOLVED: Three technical support remotely sent a firmware update that downgraded router from IP v6 to IP v4. ITV X and All 4 casting fine now.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @davidbaker,

Glad to hear you managed to get this sorted with the Tech teams. I've passed your feedback on in case this is impacting other customers streaming/casting ITV X or All 4.

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.