cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 Months of Poor Service

Caph
Regular

How long are we expected to put up with terrible service? For 6 months there have been issues with my local mast according to three's status page. I'm paying for a service I'm not getting. Last night my download speed on 5G was 0.04mbps. I would be better with a US Robotics Sportster 56K dial up modem from the 90s.

Screenshot_20230904-212856.png

13 REPLIES 13
Avondale
Rising star

@Caph 

You have not told us much about what service you are on, but have you tried a different combination of hub or 'phone, SIM card and location ? That will help to narrow down if you have got a defective hub or 'phone, if a SIM card swop might help, or if your issues are solely down to the mast ? 

Did your 5G download speed dip six months ago, or were you a new subscriber then ? Have you ever had good 5G speeds with your current kit ?  

Caph
Regular

Another night of truly abysmal service on the the three 5g home broadband router. How can they justify charging for this service. It was fine for the first few months then the status page changed to:-

We’re fixing an issue with our network in this area

We’re sorry for any disruption you experience. Our engineers are working on masts nearby, which means the rest of our network is handling more traffic than usual.

I don't mind experiencing some problems now and again, but over 6 months of this is utterly ridiculous.

Through the day it is usable but at night it is a joke.

Screenshot_20230906-230415.png

Caph
Regular

Can anyone tell me how to make a complaint about this without having to resort to ofcom? I've tried several times to contact support but it' seems to be impossible.

Avondale
Rising star

@Caph 

I wonder whether one of our moderators - @JonathanB or @JohnD - can shed any light on what is going on in your area ? 

Caph
Regular

That would be great if they could. Like I say, I don't mind the odd fault here and there, every network experiences that, but 6 months where they just update the same fault message every day without giving any sort of ETA for a fix (and maybe I'm being hard on them here, but it also covers their tracks by hiding how long the problem has been happening - it constantly looks like the fault started less than 24 hours ago) is not acceptable. Every morning it goes back to an acceptable 50mbps. Not a patch on the 300mbps I was getting when I first joined but perfectly acceptable for me. The only problem is I'm at work through the day so I need to use it in the evenings when some nights it is completely unusable.

Caph
Regular

New low tonight. Three just turned off the Internet for several minutes.

I work in IT in a small company and we have to inform all users of an intended outage. But the incompetent managers at three, a multi million pound company seem to think they have no such obligation to their customers. They treat us with utter contempt. I don't think I've ever seen such a mismanaged company since NTL.

Screenshot_20230908-235500.png

Avondale
Rising star

@Caph 

I wonder whether one of our moderators - @JonathanB or @JohnD - might like to comment ? 

Caph
Regular

Another night where they turned off the Internet connection for a couple of minutes causing my VR headset to crash out.

Screenshot_20230910-003016.png

Caph
Regular

Another night of poor internet culminating in total loss at 9.30pm then unusable when it reconnected. I'm pretty sure it's the 5G because I ended up using my phone as a wireless hotspot but downstairs I only get 4G on my phone and that worked OK and that is also using the three network. The thing is there is no way on the router to say only use 4G and not connect on 5G. I think I'm going to have to relocate the router somewhere where it can't lock on to the 5G signal. This service really is a shambles.