cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer, another 5g issue

Daz86
Regular

Signed up the start of the week and got the modem set up.

reading this forum I’m also having the issue where it simply won’t connect to 5g. Have tried all the fixes I’ve seen on here with no success.

I’m also getting sporadic drop of internet connection (WiFi stays working) and when I check the 3 broadband app it’s a SIM card is not ready error showing.

assume this is another bad out the box router? 

any help appreciated 

Best solution
Best solution
Daz86
Regular

Finally sorted.

New router arrived after help from Joe in the social media team after a twitter based moan.

Last 2 niggles were, no notification of the new router being sent or delivery notification, luckily my wife was in.

and a new issue, the sky Q simply will not connect via wired or wireless connections. Everything else is fine, good 5g speeds etc. have just come across a topic on sky/3 compatibly issues so hopefully that will get sorted at some point 

View solution in conversation

7 REPLIES 7
Daz86
Regular

IMG_4258.png

IMG_4259.png

that’s the difference between the router and my iPhone in the exact same place 

Daz86
Regular

Just a follow up

spoke to live chat,

first advisor despite me saying putting the sim in a phone gets me brilliant 5g connection at the identical location to the router and so it’s clearly a router issue still tried to blame “network issues” and “no evidence of a device fault” I demanded it be escalated, got through to level 2 tech eventually who, surprise surprise, said router fault and another is being sent out. So will report back with what happens with the new router 

Daz86
Regular

another update.

still no sign of a replacement even being sent. I received an email stating my case had been closed. I went on chat and a new case was opened which is showing as device exchange category in my support cases. It’s been just over a week now, and still no change. Went on live chat and keep getting told to “please wait”

i think I'm done waiting. Considering they can have a new router here in under 24hrs for a new customer this is ridiculous.

ill be attempting to cancel once we get to Tuesday which will be 7 working days since the second case was opened

Daz86
Regular

Just woke up to a text message
"Hi there,

Your query has now been closed."

They've closed my device exchange request case now.

I'm fuming.

Cancelling today.

@JonathanB Would appreciate some input and thoughts on this?

Daz86
Regular

Daz86_0-1695541546236.png

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Daz86,

I'm sorry for the delay getting in touch. I haven't approved the image as there's some personal info there, but I have had a look myself. Sorry the notes are so jargon heavy, I'll pass this feedback on as it's not phrased well for something that you'd see as a customer. Essentially the case was closed as the info is passed onto a logger with our logistics team.

Have you received any update about the exchange in the meantime?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Best solution
Daz86
Regular

Finally sorted.

New router arrived after help from Joe in the social media team after a twitter based moan.

Last 2 niggles were, no notification of the new router being sent or delivery notification, luckily my wife was in.

and a new issue, the sky Q simply will not connect via wired or wireless connections. Everything else is fine, good 5g speeds etc. have just come across a topic on sky/3 compatibly issues so hopefully that will get sorted at some point