cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Broadband and inconsistent connections

WillGood
Fledgling

By inconsistent connections I am not talking about connections between the device and the 5G Router. I'm talking about internet connection. I have taken out the sim and put it on my mobile and it's slow, so this rules out hardware problem. Yes, I tried it on 3G and factory reset everything I could. Still slow and inconsistent. It's 100% the sim. It's not a signal issue too as I have 3/4 or 4/5 bars depending on device. I also have an account with O2 and there is no issue on their side. 

I tried your network status checker. It's completely broken. It shows the same message on every post code I tried, from London, Slough, Reading, Didcot, etc. 

We’re fixing an issue with our network in this area

We’re sorry for any disruption you experience. Our engineers are working on masts nearby, which means the rest of our network is handling more traffic than usual.

Updates on our work will be posted here. We’re working as fast as we can to build a better, stronger network in your area.

You can find more help and advice below. And you can read more about our Big Network Build here.

Last updated on 12:15 am 25 April 2023.

I think I can safely assume it's not working. I've seen several posts here, some say this issue goes on for 2 weeks. Unfortunately, I'm not waiting going to wait for 2 weeks. 

Can we get a clear explanation as to what is going on and why? Along with proper updates and a working status checker please?

2 REPLIES 2
ffxmadman
Fledgling

It has been the same for months for me, no change despite online chat and calling them up. They only offered £5 credit for my trouble and free cancellation if I wanted to anytime during my contract. Jeez

AX
Active

Same problem for me. Joined Three home broadband in February 2022 and it was consistently getting 300Mbps down and 30+Mbps Up. That was until early May 2023, since then its been abysmal. especially the download speeds (currently showing 0.08Mbps). Multiple calls to Three support have gone nowhere and now I'm just waiting for the contract to expire so I can leave for a hopefully better provider.