cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't cancel home broadband.

whiteswan
Fledgling

Hi

I had a router and sim delivered Wednesday - it just doesn't work - very poor speeds - tried router in various places upstairs and downstairs - on window ledges etc.

Now I find there has been a network problem in my are for the last 6 months (as confirmed by your network status check) - so it's obviously not going to work.

I have been trying to cancel the contract since 9am this morning - I rang in and they said I had to go on to chat - they text me a link to my phone - so I went on chat - they said I had to call in............................so I called in again...........and they said again they can't do anything - they can't even find the account - I gave them the account number on the paperwork I was sent - but he said it's not the right one - not a lot more I can do.

Been at this almost 3 hours now this morning.

I asked to go to complaints but omce again he refused to do this and just said he was trying to help me - and whilst I do appreciate that - I just want to cancel - and also complain.

Dave

6 REPLIES 6
Dazzar
Established

I had the same issue took me two hours I even asked the man if he actually knew what he was talking about, as he clearly did not as he insisted I had not registered my sim and when I asked him what had I been using for the last couple of years and if I did not have a sim registered can he issue a refund for the money they had been taken from my account he did not know what to say. Just stirred like a 1930s car and he hung up , I called back and got to speak to someone else and the issue was resolved in 10 mins, it does depend on the brain level of the person you get to speak to . I am now back to 5g speeds also just to make sure you are not using an old sim if so use the one they sent to you an ensure it’s registered. 

crypt0ninja
Established

"Just stirred like a 1930s car and he hung up"

I'm dead 🤣🤣🤣

sc1999
Local celebrity

Minimum wage, minimum training and minimum motivation. Sometimes you strike gold but not often enough and it's not only 3 that has this problem.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Dave,

That's really disappointing to hear this has been your experience of joining Three. All our Broadband plans have a 30 day window for returns, and a money back guarantee so you should be eligible to cancel the account and return the router.

I'll send you a private message so that we can get you in touch with a team that can help with this, and raise the complaint if you still wish to do so.

To access your community messages, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Geani74
Fledgling

Good morning, I have a new home broadband contract I`m trying to cancel and after having a chat on the website I`ved been asked to call. Problem is no one is answering and I need to go to work now. Help please.

Geani74
Fledgling

Problem sorted, I just cancelled my contract over the phone, waiting for my RM label now, good luck to everybody else who tries to cancel, don`t give up 🙂