cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home broadband

Maxwell
Regular

Hi everyone I have a solid 5g connection to my phone but my zte router keeps dropping the 5g I know there is work in my area but why would it only effect my router many thanks.

• 5G
Best solution
Best solution
Gagandeep
Active

Unfortunately this sounds like you have the same B12 firmware bug a lot of us have with this router

The B12 update was pushed around October time and causes the exact symptoms you describe

Three do not appear to believe/acknowledge that this issue exists. I have tried multiple times to get acknowledgment of this problem via this forum, but have had no success.

View solution in conversation

3 REPLIES 3
Best solution
Gagandeep
Active

Unfortunately this sounds like you have the same B12 firmware bug a lot of us have with this router

The B12 update was pushed around October time and causes the exact symptoms you describe

Three do not appear to believe/acknowledge that this issue exists. I have tried multiple times to get acknowledgment of this problem via this forum, but have had no success.

Maxwell
Regular

My be looking into closing all 5 accounts with three maybe they will listen very much dout that will happen paying for a service that is second rate at best thank you for your reply gagandeep.

chrise
Regular

Seems this is a common issue with ZTE MC801A routers (see the many posts)

I have had mine since middle of Feb 2023 and it continually drops the 5G connection without recovering.

I have switched mine to 4G only and suffer the loss of speed but I am not happy.

Firmware version 0B15 (Latest)