cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant network ping

Luke1
Fledgling

Hi,

I am constantly having problems with my connection, I get a strong download (400-750mbps) and decent upload (30-50mbps) USUALLY, sometimes it can be rock bottom, although on a speedtest right now I have 67/3, pretty poor. But ultimately my issue lies with ping/latency.

The latency is constantly jumping around from 20/30ms (good) to stupid numbers like 700-900ms, this causes lag, disconnections, buffering, in movies, online gaming, even loading webpages and emails. I am unable to take meetings on teams or anything the like, unless I use my EE network phone as a hotspot.

The router is located currently in the least bad (I won't say best because this is diabolical) position, being 1 of 3 positions, currently the router is directly into my PC from the LAN port. Issues occur wired and over wi-fi.

The router is stated as "Excellent" on the app, -84dBm and the RSRQ flickers between 0 and -240 (yes that number is correct), SINR 18 dB.

None of that means anything to me, I just know that none of it is working properly and I am not happy with it.

What can be done, do I have a router problem, or is this network?

1 REPLY 1
MZone
Maestro

Put your postcode in the service status checker to see if any issues in your area. You could also Call 333 option 4 option 3 and option 3 to discuss your issue with tech support.