cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dreadful service & Lies

Threlly
Involved

I joined Three for 5G home broadband last year, I'm well within the 5G footprint and my router gets a good signal on my windowsill.
Early in the morning and up until noon I can achieve over 250Mbps regularly although a dependable speed is rare.
That's where the fun stops.
From midday onwards it slowly degrades until early evening where most evenings anything over 10Mbps is rare.
Yes, you heard that right. Sub 3G speeds.
I have called user support many times and been fobbed off with a few pounds off my bill and they point me to the "service status" page, whereupon entering my postcode gives me:

"We’re fixing an issue with our network in this area
We’re sorry for any disruption you experience. Our engineers are working on masts nearby, which means the rest of our network is handling more traffic than usual.

Updates on our work will be posted here. We’re working as fast as we can to build a better, stronger network in your area.

You can find more help and advice below. And you can read more about our Big Network Build here."

This message has been there, permanently, since at least January.

Yup...January.

This is nothing less than a criminal disgrace, a lie to disguise a company filling it's pockets, bragging about profits (Revenue up 3% to £2.52bn (2021: £2.44bn) driven by customer base growth) whilst spending the least amount of money it can outside of the capital investing in network infrastructure.

The same-old-same-old.

The moment I am out of this farce of a contract I'm gone, forever.

Liars & thieves.

13 REPLIES 13
Threlly
Involved

Well, here we are again, another year, another drop in service.
If you can believe it, it's got worse.
Most evenings my connection speed is 5Mbps.
Let's just hear that again.

5Mbps.

Let's see them advertise that on TV.

Threlly
Involved

Still garbage. Day after day. Week after week.

Bazowl
Regular

Just cancelled today one day past my 30 day cool off period. Had a reasonable service for the 29 days then yesterday afternoon it suddenly dropped to below 10mb even below 1mb on several speed checks. I did a dozen speed test over the last 24hrs used 6 different speed check sites and all recorded the same pathetic speeds. All this and I live 100m from the 5G mast in direct line of sight, in my mind it can only be 3 throttling down my speed, glad im out of it, but others are just as bad

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello. 

It's disappointing to hear that you were having issues there, and that you've decided to cancel it. It sounds like the speeds really took a hit for some reason, if the team were unable to restore the full speed for you, I can understand why you'd want to cancel it. 

Hopefully some day in the future 5G broadband will be a more viable solution for you in that area. 

Pete.

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here