Did you mean: 

External Antenna for new 5G hub

Toxic
Fledgling

IMG_0402.png

IMG_0403.png

IMG_0401.png

IMG_0400.png

Anyone have a recommendation for a good external or even internal antenna?

I’ve tried the Poynting 4x4 5G from Amazon and it made my signal worse, previously I always got Good/Excellent, with the antenna fitted, no matter where I positioned it, it made the signal worse. I tried it out of every top floor window in the house, the pictured results are with the antenna outside the window of where my hub always sits on the windowsill.

I checked all the wiring and pigtails to make sure they are as they should be with a continuity tester and all seem good. 

thinking might try make my own with larger antenna’s.

Im happy with the download speeds I get currently and have a mesh system but thought I would try for better.

3 REPLIES 3
Toxic
Fledgling

Just to note, the poor is what I was getting with the external antenna, the excellent is as soon as I flipped the switch to internal.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @Toxic,

Sorry to hear that the antenna you tried hasn't helped. We don't supply them currently and the testing we've done internally hasn't given us a huge amount of confidence. We tend to find that a lot of speed is lost between the antenna and the router, even if the reception is technically better.

Perhaps other community members will have recommendations based on their experiences though.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Limera
Active

Will be eagerly awaiting any updates from you @Toxic .  Very interesting to see your results screenshots.  Not tried any external antenna yet but i've heard the TS9 connectors are a bit of a mare.