cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting out of contract early

GIWEBB
Regular

Is it possible to get out of the home broadband contract early without penalty?  As mentioned in another post my speed has dropped from 300Mbps to 1Mbps and this no longer makes it fit for the purpose of WFH.  Do Three have a guaranteed minimum speed?

5 REPLIES 5
Anvil_Iron
Rising star

Hi, Try this link within 30 days of your contract.

Cancelling your Home Broadband contract | Support | Three

I believe the minimum 5G speed is 150Mbps.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Anvil_Iron,

The 150Mbps quoted is an average speed, rather than a minimum speed. There's more info on the footnote of this page about Three Home Broadband.

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @GIWEBB,

We don't advertise a minimum speed, but we're happy to look into situations like this on a case by case basis. I'll send you a private message that will direct you to some colleagues that can take a closer look into this for you.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

GIWEBB
Regular

There may not be a minimum speed but you do however advertise it as 5G home broadband, now I am only getting 4G.  The status checker originally said the issues were to be cleared up by 17th March, today when i check there is no completion date.Screenshot 2023-03-16 111829.jpg

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @GIWEBB,

I appreciate that dropping to 4G and moreover the extremely reduced speeds must be really letting you down. The team I've directed to will do their best to help. If there's a revised timescale they should be able to confirm this, and also look into any other ways we can support you in the meantime until this is fixed.

Thanks,
Jonathan