cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP....MC888 WAN ip is 192.0.0.2 and download speed has dropped to less than 50Mbps.

nhawan
Regular

I installed a mesh wifi system a few days ago and set the Hub to Bridge mode so that the Mesh can handle all the routing stuff. Today I noticed that download speed was very low at only around 50Mbps on Ookla speedtest and the server it kept suggesting was in Slough or London. I live in Bradford and usually it connects to a Leeds or Ilkley server on the speedtest.

When I checked on whatismyipaddress.com, the ip address shows as 92.40.111.73 which is Hutchison 3G UK, London. Normally it should be a location in Leeds or Bradford.

I tried factory resetting the hub and using normal wireless broadband mode but the issue still remains. I was getting a download speed of around 500Mbps before this WAN ip issue. Can you please help me get the hub back to normal?

6 REPLIES 6
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @nhawan,

Sorry to hear you've been having trouble with your router's speeds. If you've factory reset the device, I'm not sure if the mesh setup would be related. Have you had a check on our Network Status Checker to see if we're doing any planned work or are aware of any local outages?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

nhawan
Regular

I reset the router but the issue appears to be that at the default auto APN setting, the hub connects to the 3internet APN but gets a CGNAT ip address instead of a dedicated ip address. On my hub's detailed information section the WAN ip is 192.0.0.2 but when I check on whatismyipaddress.com, the ip address shows as 92.40.111.73. For a home broadband device it should not be assigned a CGNAT ip address. I cannot remotely access my home network devices without a dedicated ip address.

Something has gone wrong with the hub which is causing it to not be assigned a dedicated ip address. Can you please advise on what needs to be done to fix this issue.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @nhawan,

Can you have a check in the router admin settings for your APN profile? Try setting this to manual, APN is 3internet with PDP type IPv4, the rest of the settings in the profile should be able to remain default/blank. I suspect this may help.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

nhawan
Regular

When manually setting the APN I can then access my hub remotely but it logs out within 2 seconds. Not sure why.

Also what is the point of having IPV6 if you can't access the network remotely?

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello. 

It sounds like perhaps that's not the intended outcome, the log in should last longer. It's possible the changed APN settings have introduced an issue that's causing that. 

Pete.

nhawan
Regular

I can;t access my network devices remotely using hte IPV6 address when the hub is in auto mode and ipv4 only doesn;t work properly since I get logged out on the router within 2 seconds. What is the solution if Three's ipv6 is not being routed externally?