cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Broadband no network

Hewdogg
Fledgling

I have just got home with my new 5G Home Broadband hub. Excited and expecting to plug it in and have excellent broadband on within minutes. Low and behold I have plugged the router in (located where I get 400mb on Three mobile) I get absolutely no connection, I have a red network light on the hub and 2 whit lights for power and WiFi. I have unplugged and restarted the hub 3 times each with no success. Any advice or help would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Avondale
Rising star

@Hewdogg 

That sounds incredibly disappointing. Have you inserted the SIM ? 

If you have, a starting point might be to try the hub with the SIM out of the 'phone therein ; and to try the hub SIM in the 'phone. That will help to ascertain if it's a faulty SIM or a defective hub.   

Please let us know the outcome.  

Limera
Active

Is there a chance that you've got it straight out of the box and tried to set it up before 3 have actually activated the SIM?  Not that I would have gone and done anything like that... hours of attempted bug fixing... Haha!

I gave 3 a quick call and they bumped the SIM activation forward for me.  Sorted.

I guess @Avondale 's test above, would help diagnose that.  Good luck.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Hewdogg,

I think that @Limera is correct there, it sounds like the SIM isn't active, or perhaps isn't reading correctly. As @Avondale says, popping the SIM in another device if able will help narrow down a device or SIM issue.

Has it came online in the meantime, if not have you spoken to customer services?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

itsmickle
Fledgling

Mine wasn't activated upon delivery either, quick call got it sorted but I had to track back through order emails to give the representative the required details 

The packing slip had a blank space where the phone number of the SIM card should have been, also the IMSI/IMEI on the sheet didn't match my order email..