cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home wifi , Netflix problem

Andythewelder
Fledgling

I have recently started using 3 home broadband and tried connecting to Netflix and YouTube unsuccessfully through my fire stick to my Samsung tv . The fire stick is connected to the router and will play other channels , bbc I player etc . Have tried the shut down restart , unplug etc but nothing seems to work . 
is there anything else I can try .

many thanks 

Andy W

17 REPLIES 17
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Ewolie49,

Great idea, so did the pinhole reset fix your chromecast connection issue?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

frazerstrang257
Fledgling

Hi Everyone, I'm on the same boat, my wifi isnt allowing my xBox to play Netflix, YouTube,Disney+ as well as certain features on some games i play i.e modhub on farming simulator! Could it be as simple as changing the DNS codes to fix the issue? Many thanks, Frazer

SteveLH
Fledgling

Call the Three tech support team. They remotely apply a change to IP addresses and ports and it all works fine. I couldn't access Netflix or YouTube or ring cameras until they apply that change.

Garfield42
Fledgling

Just picked up my 5g three broadband connecter last week, same issue. I've tried reseting, all via the contact centre and Netflix stops buffering at 25%. I have no issue with virgin media or using hot-spot three on my phone. 

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello. 

Ah, that's frustrating for sure! Is it just Netflix you're having the issue with? If so, is it just on a particular device with Netflix? Like a smart TV or Tablet? 

Pete.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

SteveLH
Fledgling

I had the same issue. Call the Three tech support team. They remotely apply a change to IP addresses and ports and it all works fine. I couldn't access Netflix or YouTube or ring cameras until they apply that change.

SteveLH
Fledgling

I assume you got this fixed

If not simply call Three support and they remote access, update a port/up address, and bingo - it works fine.

ChrisD323
Fledgling

Does anybody know roughly how long this takes to resolve? I got my new 3 home broadband over a week ago and still not resolved the Netflix issue… (fairly poor really to say I’ve been a 3 mobile customer for years now!!) they have contacted and have all the information of the contract and hub details and have ran through reset procedures etc but still the same, I get a phone call every couple of days to check if it’s been resolved but still I feedback the same answer that I’m waiting on them to sort it. Apparently the backend team have what they need off myself but don’t seem to be progressing any further. Don’t want to be stuck in a bad contract as I’m still in my trail period for a month but going on holiday for 2 weeks so time is limited. Any help appreciated.