cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have to agree with pepstar - Getting bored / sick of Three now

bulldog555
Involved

Getting bored / sick of Three now...

I'm getting a little tired and aggravated with Three's network around North Telford of late, especially the wellington area. They've turned on a brand new PoW in Brooklands area of the town... yay.

Then proceeded to turn off a less than one year old MBNL PoW in the centre of town for the best part of a month now, leaving a single small band 3 monopole serving the whole centre of town.

The monopole doesn't reach very far and I keep being shoved onto a band 20 mast somewhere in the distance which delivers and none existent data service.

On top of this the newly installed PoW at the Princess Royal Hospital on the outskirts of Wellington is still not turned on and so right now it is a miserable experience in my local town.

If I search the postcode tf1 1qx (Socal club in the town) it acknowledges the issue, but has no further details. I have raised a complaint at the start of the week with iD mobile as I was informed that was the only way to get a definitive response, but no answer yet.

When all Three PoWs are on it will be a great experience, but right now with them flicking transmitters of and on, it is not a great time to be on Three locally.

RANT OVER

This still isn't fixed with iD checking their systems and still no resolution date. I find it Crazy that they put a temp mast up to cover the previous building which housed the old mast's demolition.

They used the temp mast for a period, switched on the new mast last november, then the temp mast was removed about a month ago.

Around this time Three thought it was a good idea to switch off the new mast for 'maintenance' to leave an entire town without decent signal for around a month and counting.

From checking with friends the same mast is now broadcasting EE 5G and is working, yet Three do not see any priority in getting this issue resolved of getting the mast working in any state.

You really do get what you pay for with Three, when it works, great! But when it doesn't work

My work sim is moving to EE soon, when it does I think I'll be heading back to Vodafone where locally their service is 4G only, but working 4G.

Three really are ****

when it comes to dealing with capacity, outages, and general customer service to their customers and their MNVO clients.

again, RANT OVER.

I agree with pepstar as Telford is one of the worse MNVO ever with lack of PoW 5G masts in Randley, Halesfield, Madeley, Wellington, Dawley and Aqueduct still not active! Stood there for too long.

But I don't care to be honest as EE 5G are much better for mobile and FTTP come along in my area soon for reliable home full fibre at home.

• 5G
0 REPLIES 0