cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to use my own 4G LTE Mobile Router

Free
Fledgling

Hi, I'm thinking of joining three and wondered whether I would be allowed to connect my own mesh router without speed restictions or will I need to have a badged three router?

3 REPLIES 3
Free
Fledgling

That was a bit daft cos I'm already with Three as I have a mobile phone. What I should have said was joining Three Broadband using a data SIM, sorry about that.

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello.

Welcome to the Three Community. 

You would need to have a 5G compatible Hub, something Three provide as part of the contract. You can connect a mesh system and run the Hub in a basic mode where it just forwards the 5G connection through to your ethernet connected Mesh network device. 

If you have a mesh system with a 5G SIM card slot, you might be able to use that, but I'd recommend checking with the manufacturer for compatibility advice. 

Pete. 

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Free
Fledgling

Thanks. I know that Three supplies the Eero mesh system but mine is D-Link and not compatible plus my extenders plug into the wall rather than sit on a flat surface. I have bought a preloaded 75Gb data SIM so can play around with this for a while before I enter into a 24m contract which includes a 5G router so I'm told. The important thing for us is having only one SSID around the home.