cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPv6 Zyxel NR5103e

D00B
Fledgling

Hi, I have recently been allocated an IPv6 address on the router, the issue is that I have a Unifi UDM-Pro device behind the Zyxel which was set to passthrough mode. Once the ipv6 address was handed out, that killed the passthrough to the UDM.

I did change the UDM Pro internet settings to use ipv6 but it is asking for a Prefix Delegation Size - which I have no idea.

The Zyxel is showing an ip address of 2a04 which seemed odd as I was expecting 2001.

I've also tried to disable ipv6 on the broadband setting on the Zyxel but I get an error message saying this was not possible to save.

Has anyone successfully managed to get internet access to a UDM with a IPv6 connection via passthrough?

Any help would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
sc1999
Local celebrity

I take it that you have searched the community for udm? If you have what have you tried to fix the issue?

D00B
Fledgling

I have and nothing quite fits my issue.

Right now I have removed the passthrough on the 3 device and at the time of replying my UDM is getting a 192 address from the Zyxel. This allows for internet access on my network, but a double NAT.

I enabled ipv6 on the UDM but as described before but I do not know what Prefix Delegation Size to use, and this is a requirement. Any other suggestions elsewhere on the forum are not working for me.

I have tried to disable ipv6 on the Zyxel but doing this does not allow me to save the configuration. I will have another go after work today.

devaraja
Active

I haven't received IPV6 on my Zyxel yet, but in theory for IPV6 to work as intended, they should provide you with a /56 or at least a /60 so your UDM can sub net it to 1 or more VLANs, it gets tricky if they only provide a /64.

when you set the passthrough, does the UDM gets any ipv6  on the wan port ? does it also get a public IPV4? 

What APN is your modem using at the moment?

Dazzar
Established

Since the update to B14 I had so many problems I have gone back to my cpe pro 2