cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect Blink Sync Module (Gen 1) to Zyxel NR5103E 5G Hub

RumburaK
Fledgling

I have a Blink camera system, the Sync Module is Gen1. (the one on the left: https://support.blinkforhome.com/en_US/using-your-sync-module/sync-module-reqs)

I switched to Three 5G from BT. I tried to reconnect the Sync Module to the router it says "password error". It is not because of the complicated passwords requirement. I tried the same password on a powerline access point (TP-Link WPA4220) and it connects to that fine. The security is WPA2 with AES.

I have tried separating the 5GHz and 2.4GHz WiFi bands, and even turning off 5GHz band for a test and use exclusively the 2.4GHz bands. Also I tried WPA/WPA2 and WPA2 for security.

BTW the error on the Sync Module is always "check your password", for any kind of failure, really. Even if I set a non-existing network.

So:
 - all my other devices in the house work with the new Three router
 - the Blink Sync Module works with any other router (old BT routers, powerline AP, ASUS router etc)
 - just this pair doesn't work: Blink Sync Module and the Three router

I did talk to Blink for the last 2-3 weeks. There's a guy who answers every 3 days and keeps telling me nonsense like "call the ISP to configure your WiFi as 5G interferes with 2.4G" 🤡

Anyone can give an advice? There have to be some people who have Blink and Three, and made it work, right? Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
MZone
Key player

Maybe blink doesn’t recognise/support 5G for data? Can you factory reset the blink module? Can you connect the BT hub to the 5G hub and use that for WiFi only? Haven’t got a hub myself so just my initial thoughts. 

RumburaK
Fledgling

Blink works only on the 2.4GHz WiFi band. It supports any kind of internet inlcuding 5G, it is at the moment still connected to my network but I have to maintain a different access point for it.

Factory Reset yes, I have to do it every time I reconfigure it. When it gets in error mode it also has to be reset.