cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues connecting to Sky Stream

ART67
Regular

Has anyone else experienced problems connecting to the Sky Stream (I guess the same for Sky Glass) service via the 5G home broadband? It was working fine up until 28th Feb, since then the box will no longer allow me to stream any content. I know the 5G hub (ZTE) is fine as I have an Apple TV that is connected to it and I can stream via that with no problems. I have a second puck that has the same problem. I have tried the usual re-boots and re-sets. Anyone got any experience of this or ideas? Thanks in advance!

17 REPLIES 17
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

That's awesome news @ART67, glad to hear this is sorted now.

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

BellaLuna
Fledgling

Hello

Im having issues with my Three 5g router too. I was told over the phone today that they can’t help. Very frustrated.

I can see it’s connected to my Nowtv box however apps and sky movies do not load.

can someone please help.

Thank you

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @BellaLuna,

I'll send you a reply to your private message now, it certainly sounds like the same issue, so I'll direct you onto some colleagues that can help.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

ART67
Regular

I experienced a similar problem (again) today. Re-booting the 5G router solved the problem. 

Jon66
Fledgling

I am having exactly the same issues. I had assumed it was Sky's fault as everything else is working fine. I’ve had two replacement boxes and re-starts get things working for a day or two then I get problems again. Any help would be really appreciated. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @Jon66,

I'll do my best to help. Can you share a few more details about this so we can figure out the best next steps please?

Which router model do you have with Three?
When you say boxes, was it the Three router, or Sky box that was replaced?
Have we or Sky already advised any other troubleshooting such as changes to any settings?
Have you been able to test this over any other connections, e.g hotspot from a phone?
Are there any error messages when you try to stream?
Is this all attempts to stream, or does it only seem to be affecting some content?

If you can let me know on as much of the above as possible, I'll do my best to help from there.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Higherground
Regular

Hi, I've encountered a problem whereby my Sky Stream puck, after 5+ weeks of good operation, suddenly will not connect to my Three 5G hub via Ethernet or Wifi.

• Model Name: NR5103E
  • Serial number: S220Z23010433
  • Firmware Version: V1.00(ACBJ.0)b14

All other devices in the house (phones, computers, Apple TV etc.) are working fine but not the Sky puck.

I spent a long time on the phone with Sky support to try and resolve, trying rebooting, resetting, factory resetting, swapping leads, to no avail.

By the looks of it, I'm not the only one with this problem, so just wondering if there's a known fix?

Thanks

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Higherground,

If it's the same issue then setting a manual APN profile for IPv4 ought to fix this. There's some advice on how to do this in the thread: FYI : IPv6 Prevented VPN Connection 

It was initially reported as an issue with VPN connections, but the same settings seem to be helping with a few device connectivity issues too.

Thanks,
Jonathan