cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modem issues

swyftie
Fledgling

For the past month or so, our modem has become problematic...we've only been with Three for around 3 months, if that. 

After yet another reset this morning, we have now completely lost the 5G channel which some of our devices, such as home security need as will not connect to the other channel. 

Also, I have been locked out of the modem settings so cannot try to make any adjustments there to revive it. 

My speeds are currently so slow I can't even speed check them so have had to start eating up all of my phone data instead. 

I have tried the help pages but just get sent in a loop. 

Is it worth me trying to get support from Three while I'm at work? I am currently doing very long hours, 7 days a week, so can only contact them while away from my home & modem, I suspect they're going to want me to do physical checks which I'd be unable to complete during their office hours. 

Or should I cut my losses and look for a way out of the contract, considering they're not fulfilling their side of it by providing a usable internet service? 

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it were me I’d give Three a chance to sort things out. Your first port of call should be the Three status page to check for any outages in your area. Failing that it’s customer service then if you can’t get a satisfactory solution from them it’s probably time to enact plan b as per your final paragraph;or try to. I’m guessing from your wording you’re already leaning towards this but I’m not sure about how good your chances are.

Geluk
Key player

Ensure you allow modem to receive 4g too, not just the often inadequate/oversold 5g 😄

Psmithson
Involved

You don't mention what router you have so I can't tell if it's the same as mine but I'm sure they will all have a factory reset option. 

That should at least give you access to the router settings again

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good point well made!