cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues connecting to Sky Stream

ART67
Regular

Has anyone else experienced problems connecting to the Sky Stream (I guess the same for Sky Glass) service via the 5G home broadband? It was working fine up until 28th Feb, since then the box will no longer allow me to stream any content. I know the 5G hub (ZTE) is fine as I have an Apple TV that is connected to it and I can stream via that with no problems. I have a second puck that has the same problem. I have tried the usual re-boots and re-sets. Anyone got any experience of this or ideas? Thanks in advance!

17 REPLIES 17
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ART67,

I think that we've identified what the issue is, and we'd like to do look into this further with you. I've sent a private message to you with further instructions.

To find your community messages, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Feisal
Fledgling

Hi - had the same issue on Wednesday - all streaming service on my Sky Glass TV stopped. Sky have tried to reboot and factory reset the TV but to no avail . The process gets stuck on the software update screen as something is preventing the new Sky Glass software version from downloading and installing. I also suspect it is due to my ZTE MC801A 5G router. Do you have any suggestions?

NP69
Fledgling

Hi there, 

Sorry for jumping on this post but I've just came across these forums and posts after spending some time on SKY forums.

I also have exactly the same problems and have been for a while now.

I have a Three Unlimited Data Home Broadband SIM but using a ProRoute NR550 5G Router with 4 outdoor antenna pointing directly to the tower over the field.

The problems are downloading some but not all on demand content on SKY Q.

I have also noticed my Canon WIFI printer cannot connect to the router and actually see's 4 connections.

Everything else in the home works fine, including Sonos speakers and Apple TV 4K.

I would like some help with this if possible as it's doing my head in and I'm seriously thinking of cancelling my Three or SKY or even both.

Thanks in advance.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @NP69,

I'm sorry to hear that you've also been facing issues with Sky streaming services lately. The issue this thread relates to is definitely specific to the ZTE MC801A router, as it is connected with a recent firmware update.

We did have reports from some users a couple of months ago around issues with streaming/downloading with Sky Q/Glass and in that case using DNS 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8 seemed to help with the majority of those issues. Let me know if that helps at all.

With the printer that's a really odd issue, so it's finding 4 different Wi-Fi networks but all seem to be the same router, and none of them will connect?

The model you've mentioned isn't one that Three supplies, so the support we can provide for this may be limited. I'd suggest checking with both Canon and ProRoute in case this is a known issue with either the printer or router.

It may be worth creating a new thread on the community for that specific issue too, in case any fellow community members have experience with any similar issues.

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

NP69
Fledgling

Thanks for that.

I tried the 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8 but it made no difference. Still getting Download Failed, Remote Server Error and Subscription Required even though I have the full which with HD / UHD. I was hoping there may be something you could do at you end. My speeds are good 500-800 at times, with 4x4 mimo roof mount antenna, so you can probably guess how frustrating this is.

The bizarre thing is, SKY GO app on Apple TV works fine, playing content that the Q box can't download, only the GO app doesn't have the full functionality the Q box has.

What 5G router does Three provide? Does it play well with Q now? Can the WIFI be turned off on your router? I have Ubiquiti ceiling mounted hotspots.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Sorry again for highjacking this thread.

Thanks 

ART67
Regular

Fixed! A Three support engineer contacted me this morning. She made a change at her end, then asked me to re-boot the ZTE router, then I had to disconnect my Sky box from the wifi (in Sky settings - even though it said 'connected - are you sure').... anyway it then worked. Thanks to @JonathanB for picking up on this post and pushing through a solution. Hopefully the fix can now be applied for all so all being well it'll work for you @Feisal 

Feisal
Fledgling

Thanks! Also discovered today that in addition to the Sky problem, the router is also preventing the PS5 from logging in to the PlayStation network and preventing my Tesla from synching it's status with the Tesla server. I know this because these things all work when I use my Vodafone mobile hotspot instead. @JonathanB I would greatly appreciate if you could help me as well. Am certain this solution will fix my issues too.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Feisal,

This does sounds like the same issue based on the time it started, and the devices affected. I've sent you a private message too.

To find your private messages, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

JonathanB

agf
Fledgling

Having same issues with Huwie rooter can you help me please