cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 5G router not connecting to 5G

garethdickie
Fledgling

I've received a 5G router today, unsurprisingly given the number of posts I've now seen on this forum, it's not working.

I have no desire to spend an hour on the phone with someone rebooting the router and confirming the firmware version. Can I just jump to the bit where I return it and switch to a different provider?

5 REPLIES 5
sc1999
Local celebrity

You should not have to. The first paragraph of the page, link below  is crystal clear. There is no reason as to why you cannot say thanks but no thanks

Cancel your Home Broadband contract

Our 30-day money back guarantee. Our 5G and 4G Home Broadband comes with a 30-day money back guarantee for peace of mind. If you’ve tried it and it’s not for you, contact us and we’ll arrange your refund.

https://www.three.co.uk/support/switching/leave-three/cancel-your-home-broadband-contract

Daz86
Regular

I received mine today aswell, get amazing 5g signal on my phone, in the high hundreds download etc. got this 5g router and it’s struggling to keep 30mb/s, checked the menu and of course, not even a low 5g signal. 

really disappointed, our plusnet phone line internet was quicker 

JohnD
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey @garethdickie 

Really sorry to hear about this. Totally appreciate how frustrating it must be. 

I get where you're coming from, however, you can call the team on 0333 338 1003 or contact them here: Home Broadband support | Support | Three and they can help with getting this resolved for you or assist with returning the device. 

Thanks

John D

garethdickie
Fledgling

Thanks for your response. I don't have time to prove to Three that their product doesn't work. What address can I send the device back to?

sc1999
Local celebrity

You don't have to prove anything. Just tell them you are cancelling and it is up to them to provide a return bag/label. Just keep track of who you speak to and when as getting return bag seems difficult.