cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New three 5g Hub Zyxel NR5103E

Casper1972
Regular

Hi, new to three 5g Mobile broadband. I have just received my 5g hub  Zyxel NR5103E router. Whilst I find the speeds and coverage very good where I live, I find that through the day I lose connectivity until I reboot the hub. After searching many threads on the community, I found this to be common. 

Is there any news on the new firmware release and will this fix this issue. Currently on V1.00) ACBJ.0) b12 firmware.

I did see a thread from 3 (firmware update in the testing phases for the Zyxel NR5103E router)

I have contacted three dedicated broadband and they have performed tests etc and say there is no problem, yet today my hub has dropped out 3 times and I have had to restart the hub each time.

I am trialling this for 30 days but if this does not improve then I will have to look elsewhere for better service. It's a shame because the speeds are good, and I have a very good 5g signal.

• 5G
22 REPLIES 22
crypt0ninja
Established

Hey @Casper1972,

Any update on your issue following the tests with band locking?

Cheers

Casper1972
Regular

Hi, band locking didn't work, spoke to broadband technician and they said I have a faulty hub, awaiting a replacement hub.

crypt0ninja
Established

Glad to hear you got the replacement sorted easily enough!

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Casper1972,

Just checking in as it's been a couple of weeks and last I heard was that you were awaiting a replacement router. Did this solve your issue?

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

VM550i
Regular

Hello @JonathanB 

I am having some troubles with my 5g Broadband with downloading and upload speed on a PlayStation 5 console and all my devices. I have run an internet speed test on the device and I see that the download speed is around 20+ Mbps but the upload speed seems restricted. There is an error message appearing on the screen saying that the router does not support IP packet fragmentation and to contact my service provider for help.

I’m currently using wired Connection, I tried both Wi-Fi and Wired but both the same, my 5g Broadband is Currently placed by the window, signal is Excellent.

When I first received the router, I was getting over 300Mbps but now getting 20-50Mbps,

Gaming is Unplayable, very laggy every time I tried to play a game either on my computer or Console it will just completely disconnect from the game, am now unable to play any games

And now since yesterday, if trying to download something or games on The PS5 , the broadband disconnects. I have to turn it off and back on again.

I’ve tried to move it around to see where I get better signal but made no difference

Zyxel NR5103E

: B12

Casper1972
Regular

Hi Sorry for not replying sooner.
New Hub arrived (slightly different hub but the new type), working much better than the previous one. 5g signal showing excellent. It still sometimes drops out (1-2 times a week but nothing like the previous hub that dropped out 4-5 times a day and loss of 5g)
This hub seems more stable.
Now considering an external antenna but not sure of type or where to buy.

crypt0ninja
Established

You say its slightly different to the NR5103E but still the new type?

What model have they sent you?

Casper1972
Regular

Hi

The Hub is a NR5103E with the latest firmware , the only difference I have found is the text on the hub is different and the green WPS light on the front is smaller.

Casper1972
Regular

Hi JonathanB

Update: three technical help called me today to ask about the issues, they checked signal etc and informed me that they are aware that the three 5g mast I connect to is over subscribed and this would account for the drop outs. Three are aware of this problem and are increasing the availability in my area as the service has grown in popularity recently.

Hope this helps

Connercolemam
Fledgling

Hi I am having issues with my 5g router where download speeds and upload are fine but ping in games keep spiking up from 50 to ant near 1000