cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Sure If I Have 5G Connection

boovee
Fledgling

Hello. I`ve just got my new NR5103E Three 5G router. Set up was simple. However, with the Three mast in clear site about 1/4 mile away, the modem only displays solid green light on the router. No white light for 5G. 

These are my stats for WAN:

Access Technology
NR5G-NSA
Band
B1,B3,n78,n78
RSSI
Cell ID
Physical Cell ID
UL Bandwidth (MHz)
10M,100M
DL Bandwidth (MHz)
10M,15M,100M,30M
RFCN
RSRP
RSRQ
SINR
RSRP-NSA
RSRQ-NSA
SINR-NSA

My speedtest is: 
DOWNLOAD Mbps
 UPLOAD Mbps
is this 5G speeds? 
Why is my light showing white on the hub. Am I connected or not? Help please??? 

How to I find out about my mast? 

2 REPLIES 2
Anvil_Iron
Rising star

Hi, From the info you have provided, there's excellent 5G service. n78 is the 5G band and it displaying two of them is that your location is in reach of two cells on that mast I believe. Is the connection reliable? Is the router in the best location?

5G speeds vary considerably. A test you can do is limit the router to just 4G and see what the speeds are and also check the icon colours.

Strange the status light is green and white. It should be blue for both the Internet connection (globe icon) and Cellular signal strength (3 bar icon). Which icon is showing white?

Techlec
Fledgling

I think you mean blue light to 5G (on the globe symbol)
If you look at your stats, you will see access technology states "NR5G-NSA" - see the 5G.
also 4G tops out at 150mbs

are you getting the 5G showing under "system status" in the app, or 5G showing under systemm infor if using the web interface (first/front screen)?