cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix being blocked

thesipschool
Fledgling

Hi all,

I have a Huawei AI Cube B900-230 4G WiFi Router with Built in Alexa Speaker connected to the 3 network and last year all was good, this year, every time I access Netflix on my TV (connected to the Cube via WiFi), the Netflix program (any of them) loads to 25% and stops. All others on Prime, Apple, Disney etc. are fine. I've tried using a LAN cable from Cube to TV but still no luck. Anyone else had something like this? All suggestions welome.

Cheers, Graham

4 REPLIES 4
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Graham,

I'll do my best to help. I'm not aware of any general issues using Netflix at the moment, but perhaps we can narrow down the specific cause and figure it out from there.

Do you have a Three or unlocked phone? If you could test streaming Netflix on the phone app with your Three SIM, and also when hotspotting from a phone to the TV this might narrow down whether this is an issue with the AI cube, the Smart TV, or the network.

As it's one particular app on your TV I'd also check if the TV or Netflix app is needing to download an update.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here

thesipschool
Fledgling

Hi Jonathon and thanks for sending me the info.   The Huawei cube is in anoher location (a small place in Cornwall) so I will try these things next time I'm there.   BIG thanks!

Graham

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Graham,

No worries. Let me know how this goes when you're over there next.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here

Techlec
Fledgling

this may give you something to try...
I had the huawei CPE Pro (and the AI cube previously)
there was a 3 month period where i could not update a channel guide within PLEX, the solution arrived after about 12 weeks
However, I found I could limit the router to only 4g and carry out the guide update and it was fine
so my suggestion is (and i cannot recall if you can) to see if there is an option to limit to 3g and try netflix again

good luck