cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving a returns bag after cancelling my contract in March

ro90882
Regular

Hello.

On March 3rd I cancelled my contract within the initial 30 days and was confirmed no payment due and I will receive a returns bag after which my account will be closed. A simple straightforward process for most reputable companies I have dealt with.

Since then however I have not received anything. I have called numerous times with what now appears a scripted response "do not worry sir, we will arrange a new delivery". As of today I have received no such returns bag. I have called into a Three store with the broadband device and been advised they cannot take receipt of it. I have raised a complaint case with Three over 2 weeks back and no hint of a reply.

Worse, I was advised by Three support over the phone to cancel my direct debit. Since then Three have continued billing which has now affected my credit score. Within the space of 2 months I have gone from a 15 year Excellent rating to Good. I am in the process of applying for a mortgage which is extremely worrying.

Given calling support over the last 2 months has led to no resolution, I am hoping someone on this platform can offer assistance. Really I do not understand how such a basic process can cause such issues. Just send me a returns bag or just email me a returns address & reference number.

Thanks.

Best solution
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ro90882,

I've just seen your reply on another thread about this issue. I'm really sorry to hear about this problem with missing return packages, and that it's caused your account to show as overdue if it was supposed to have been closed down already.

I've sent you a private message to refer you to some colleagues that will be able to look into this further for you.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here

View solution in conversation

11 REPLIES 11
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ro90882,

I've just seen your reply on another thread about this issue. I'm really sorry to hear about this problem with missing return packages, and that it's caused your account to show as overdue if it was supposed to have been closed down already.

I've sent you a private message to refer you to some colleagues that will be able to look into this further for you.

Thanks,
JonathanB

wharff
Fledgling

Johnathan, I'm in the same situation, can you please help me? It's starting to effect my anxiety 😔

annmlp75
Fledgling

Hi I am having exactly same problem 

Have you had this resolved now or have ypu found an address to returm

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @annmlp75,

I'm really sorry that I haven't seen your post any sooner. I'll send you a PM to get you in touch with the team that has helped other customers with this issue.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Threepea123
Regular

Hello there,

i am having exactly the same issue. I have been waiting for my returns bag since March and have called and chatted many times, always to be told ‚not to worry‘ as the returns bag will eventually arrive. Well, so far it has not any worryingly enough I keep getting emails/text messages about my increasing bills. I had not set up payments ( as I cancelled basically just shortly after taking out the order) and so far nothing has been taken from my account, but the reminders about what I am supposed to pay ( each month rising) and the uncertainty of when I might be able to finally return the unused device and SIM give me constant anxiety and frustration.

i also received a message last month reminding me of returning the device and that if the device is not returned at some point my returns request is going to be cancelled. This was extremely frightening, as I feel trapped with not being given the chance to return the device for the 6th month running now.

i sent a complaints message yesterday and hope that the complaints real will be able to help, but I am worried at the same time that for some reason Three do NOT WANT to send me the returns bag to be able to overturn the returns request and then charge me fees and bills in the end for services I‘ve never used.

it is actually quite a frightening experience.

Can anyone please help me as I am at my wits end.

Thanks a million for any advice or help on this ongoing issue.

Simone

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Simone,

Did you find the PM I sent you last week? I've included a link to help you get in touch with a team that should be able to help.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mjay7
Fledgling

Hi Jonathan

I was having issues with my 3 broadband after long conversation with 3 on live chat today 3 complaints department offered to cancel my contract without any cancellation/early termination fees and only n return of 4g hub,,and was told to send copy of chat to ur email as we dnt have access to emails,,but after reading all these messages from Three community I am a bit worried about the return process

Is there an easy way of returning my 4g hub less stressful way or way to confirm that they won't charge me anything and have already cancelled my contract?

Thanks

Morelike3g
Fledgling

Exactly same issue, I’m leaving because of poor unstable signal. Agreed to cancel without penalty, they state a return email label wil be sent within 24 hours, it never appears. Contacted several times now and even complained but no resolution. Terrible, terrible service. Anyone got any advice? I’m fed up of spending hours on the phone / web chat which usually just drops out when I get through!

Chels074
Fledgling

I cancelled my contract on the 28th December 2023 and was told that I would be sent a returns bag within 4 working days. on the 11th January I received an email reminding me to send the item and that it needs to be returned by the 25th January or a charge of £105 will be applied due to it being an free early cancellation so if they don’t receive it by this date I will incur the fee of early cancellation. it is now the 14th January and I have still not received the returns bag this only leaves me with 11 days to receive the returns bag and get it back to them. Please may I have some support/advice in regards to this issue.

Chelsea