cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchasing a 4G replacement for my Huawei E3231 Three Mobile Broadband Pay as you go 3G Dongle?

Yorkshire-Tyke
Regular

3G is to be switched off by Three in September. Therefore, how do I get a 4G replacement for my soon to be obsolete Three ( Huawei E3231) Mobile Broadband Dongle? I prefer to pay with a monthly top up voucher.

From the scant help and advice I was offered on the Three chat and in a Three store, it seems like they are no longer available...so much for being a "loyal  Three customer!" 

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Yorkshire-Tyke
Regular

Thanks for your time and reply Geluk. Sorry for not replying sooner - getting online can be difficult for me.

In the THREE store, I was told they no longer sell pay as you go dongle devices (for my PC). I was also given the impression that THREE no longer wants to do pay as you go; as such, they tried to up-sell me a WIFI box!

The link you have (kindly) attached, takes me to a reasonably priced unlocked dongle, which I presume I can then return to the THREE store and ask for a 4G SIM to pop in it?...

It is odd why the THREE store/THREE chat could not give me this help or information at the time. It doesn't build my confidence going forward in using THREE mobile.