cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really low upload speed.

lakhash
Fledgling

I have ZTE MC801A 5g hub with me and my area comes under 5G coverage area for both indoors and outdoors. I never ever got my download speed above 100 Mbps and upload is always less than 2 Mbps. The customer support says that there is a network limitation in my area which doesnt explain the situation at all. It is difficult to work from home with this speed. Really annoying.

4 REPLIES 4
sc1999
Local celebrity

I am in a 4g area, just, and if I get more than 2 meg upload, I am wondering what is happening. Since I have been with 3 the upload speed has always been dreadful. Fortunately, I have fast BT fttp so 3 is for emergencies only.

lakhash
Fledgling

That's amazing. I have been looking for alternatives. How much download/upload speed do you get in BT? I know it can vary plan to plan. Just curious. 

sc1999
Local celebrity

I get 150 meg down and 30 up and I have never had a problem. Where I live I was lucky as we got FTTP very early in the rollout. 

I think that one of the problems is that the mobile companies have been too successful in selling home broadband and cannot expand the network fast enough to keep up. I was with EE and would get 100 meg at 6am and 1 by 10am and never got a sensible answer why. I worked in the mobile radio sector for 15 years and know something about bandwidth and I think that your problem may be that 3 could be rationing 5g broadband so everyone gets something rather than a few getting a lot and the rest nothing. However, I do not know why 3's upload speeds always seem low. I suggest that before you jump ship you get a cheap sim and test their performance. If you don't like BT try Zen, they are a bit pricier than BT but never gave me problems. I would have stayed by BT retuced their prices and Zen would not but have now.

Alex
Fledgling

I had the same problem, 200mbps down, max 3mbps up. I've decided to move my rooter close by the window (literally not even 1m away from where it was before. I now I got 30mbps up. Insane results. I didn't think that it would change that much.