cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return - Waiting for returns bag

Shrewlu
Fledgling

Hi there,

I phoned Three to cancel my 1 month rolling 5G Broadband contract on the 1st December (within the 30-day initial period), and was told they’d send a returns package for me to send it back in.

I was told this would take up to 5 working days and that the router must be received within 14 days after cancelling (so 14th December).

I appreciate we’ve had 1 day of Royal Mail strikes within that period, but surely even if it was being sent 2nd class it’d have arrived by now?

I’m just getting a bit antsy as I’m aware of the fairly hefty fee for non-return of equipment…

Anyone else had recent experience of the returns packages taking a while to be received?

Thanks, Oliver

25 REPLIES 25
Shrewlu
Fledgling

Update: I called Three today and they’ve dispatched another bag. It sounds like they’re well aware of the postal issues at the moment due to the strikes/xmas period (although I suspect mine has just gone missing entirely).

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Oliver,

Sorry to hear that the first return pack seems to have gone missing in transit. Did you finally receive the second one? Let us know how this has went, and if you still need any help. We'll be happy to assist if you're still dealing with this situation. 🙂

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

TomaszD
Fledgling

Yeah sure, everyones is being lost in tansit. Mine at least 5 times now.

Just give us the address and what info needs to be included.

This is a joke

Madmelly76
Regular

Yes, me right now. I called on 29th March to cancel my 5g broadband and they said they would send me a returns bag, but no such bag arrived, so I called them again on the 6th April, they said they would send another one and that it would take 5 working days, well it's been easter so I've left it until today and still no returns bag. I'm going to have to wait til Thursday to contact them as I work til 8 pm Mon, tue and wed! It's a pain in the preverbial! I mean, they had no trouble whatsoever getting the hub to me, so why is there a problem getting a returns bag to me?? I also took out a mobile sim contract with them at the same time but tbh, the service is poor. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @Madmelly76,

I saw you posted about this on another thread too. Just in case you haven't seen this, I've sent you a private message so we can look into this for you.

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Hal9000
Fledgling

My sister cancelled her 4g broadband with in the cooling off period in February I think it was and they said they would send a bag to return it, now still have router and no bag ever came they are saying they will charge for the router. We still await the bag. Three has gone down hill since their system’s upgraded a few months ago.

wharff
Fledgling

Hi Jonathan, I'm having the exact issue with a returns bag, requested twice now and still now sign of bag. Would you be kind enough to private message me so we can fix this matter? 🙂

Gary501
Regular

I’m in the same boat. Cancelled 5g home broadband in March 23  and have now phoned 3,  6 times and sent 2 letters to their customer service office in Glasgow. Had absolutely no reply to the letters and the same crappy answers from the customer service team. 
Hasn't stopped them bugging me for payment s of course. The 3 service team told me to ignore the demands. 
All I want to do is send the router back and close my account!!!!!

3 your service sucks! I’ll never be a customer of yours again!!!

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Gary501,

I've replied on your other post about this, but I've just seen this one too. I'm really sorry to hear about all these issues with the return. I've sent you a private message so we can get you more help with this.

JonathanB