cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky glass and Sky Q issues - three 5g home broadband

p1d9m73
Active

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone else was running a sky glass tv off their three 5g home broadband? I'm having a lot of problems viewing on demand programs but it's very random. I can stream something on more 4 but not on my5 and certain movies on the sky cinema channel won't load either. I've been told by sky that it's a security thing, I didn't quite understand it but basically when I try watch something on demand the glass tv sends a request to the ip provider and sky are saying the tv must be getting the wrong answer so the program won't load🤷‍♂️ just wondered if anyone else is experiencing the same? It's only the last 2 months it's started happening, the 1st time it happened it lasted about a week and it's been about a week this time too. All live programs work fine.

146 REPLIES 146
Dazzar
Established

Pete see my comment re the VPN

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Thanks for passing that information on. Knowing a VPN helps should help us narrow down the cause. I don't know if the adult content filter is something the team have considered as part of their checks, but it's definitely worth including. 

Thanks for that. 

Pete. 

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Dazzar
Established

@PeteG  any updates 

Dazzar
Established

Still not working. About time 3 refunded the internet costs as they caused this issue . Or pay for VPNS 

Dazzar
Established

Up to 2 weeks ago I was using sky glass tv with their Pucks , something has changed as I cannot use my playlist anymore, sky blame 3 as they have applied a filter , anyone know what they are talking about and how do we get three to deal with it ?

p1d9m73
Active

Lot of people have the same issue. I opened the same topic last week. It first happened about 2 month ago but then cleared up but it's come back again last 2 weeks. Sky say its because they are getting multiple ip addresses pinging back to them when you try watch something on demand. So far three haven't said its their fault or come up with an answer. It must be fixable though cos I've had glass for 12 month and three 5g for about 4-5 month and it hasn't always been a problem 

sc1999
Local celebrity

If the ip address is an issue can 3 provide you with a fixed ip?

Dazzar
Established

It is still a problem and 3 claim more and more people are complain8 g about it

Dazzar
Established

It appears using a vpn will allow you to watch your playlist, this seems to show it is some sort of filter causing the issue 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing these issues with using Sky Glass with your Three Broadband services the last few weeks. I've found these 2 similar threads on the community so they've been merged. This way we can keep any updates on this issue clear.

I'm making enquiries along with Pete as to what's causing these issues, thanks so much for the info you've supplied so far, I'm sure this will help narrow down what's causing this.

I'll let you know as soon as I can share anything more. Thanks for your patience.

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.