cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three 3 refuse to accept my contract termination - illegal?

pateldjp
Fledgling

So my contract ends in early July 2024. Tried to tell them on the 13/05/24 I want to leave on the contract end date on  5/7/2024, so at the end of the 24 month contract - so no early termination charges incurred.

Easy enough you would think.....

No, customer service agent refused to take cancellation notice and wants me to call back 30 days before the contract ends in early June. Maybe also when the sun is out and the planets are aligned.

Im out of the country from now until July, so I'm stuck until I get back?

Can they refuse to take an instruction to cancel the contract?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m sorry but a quick read  through the Ts and Cs states 30 days notice is required to cancel a contract whatever the circumstances. Even planetary alignment won’t help. 🤷‍♂️

Spud
Involved

You don't need planetary alignment.🙄

My terms and conditions 12.1 (b) state "at least 30 days before the date you want to end the agreement."

I gave notice two months before my minimum term date 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @pateldjp,

I appreciate this is frustrating given your circumstances of being abroad for a while. Customer services have contact numbers that can be used from abroad, as well as live chat options, so hopefully there's a suitable way for you to get in touch. The official policy and process allows the team to extend the notice period to 38 days if this helps.

As @Spud mentioned the team may be able to make an exception given that you'll be out of the country. Or, if no one is actually going to use the service, is cancelling one month early an issue? Early termination fees are a little cheaper than paying the monthly rate, and work out to 97%.

Assuming no one else is depending on the connection in the meantime, and paying the equivalent of an extra couple of weeks on the final bill is agreeable, then this could be another solution for you.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

pateldjp
Fledgling

I've read in my terms and conditions that I need to give at least 30 days notice? So why won't Three accept notice at 45 days? I do not want to end my contract early - I want to end at the end of the minimum term. 

What the %%%% is the 38 days rule?