cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three 5G was amazing now I'm fed up

flamemc
Fledgling

I've been with three broadband at work and at home for around 3 years, I went for three at work as the signal tower is across the road from our office, got around 1100mb when we first tested this for our office site.

I bought a new house and only had slow bt 60mb available, so did a speed test again, an amazing 800mb was reported with a tower to the rear of my home, I was so happy I got a third connection for another location and my friend got it too.

All was good, until the last 6 months 😭

So at home I'm using the zxytel NR5103E in bridge mode, again all was good at first, even saw speeds of 1100mb very late night, in the last 6 months I've been getting constant drop outs from the router, multiple times a day.

The other issue I have at this location is a weird one, the tower that's at the back of my house seems to have reduced the distance the signal travels and Ive proved it, I used my three mobile and walked up to the tower, speeds are normal, I walk towards my house which is around 30 meters away and by around 15 meters the speed drops off like a stone and so does the signal, by the time I get home my phone picks up a different tower which is around 250 meters in the other direction.

The three website does say issues in the area, but it has for months, they closed the road off to the tower around 2 weeks ago and even had a crane next to the tower, I was so excited and thought finally a fix, I was going to approach the workmen and ask but thought better not, after they left the only difference to the tower where some mental panels had been replaced, but the issue is still there.

This just means not only is the router crashing daily, it's picking a signal from a tower much further away which means speeds are have stopped to around 50-150mb

Any suggestions as three has just offered to cancel my service when Ive asked about it, I also don't really want to swap out the router as I loved the fact an ISP router had a 2.5gb lan, which I thought could of given me those 1000mb+ speeds I witnessed due to the tower being so close

I work in IT so I need good speeds and my only alternative is to pay virgin £4000 to bring a cable 5 meters across the road or pay BT £8000 which are my 2 alternatives for high speed broadband

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as I feel three aren't going to fix it as I assume they are so hungry for new customers at the moment they want to get rid of the customers with issues.

I'm not even going to start about our office connection, as the tower in that location was just switched off 😔 think it was inherited by three some years ago when they took another small 5g provided over, or so I was told 

4 REPLIES 4
flamemc
Fledgling

Near 132 Winchester Way, Breightmet, Bolton BL2 5AG

The above is the location of the tower near my home if this helps, you can see this on street view

Avondale
Rising star

@flamemc 

Do you or your employer use a VPN ?

If you do, one of the moderators on here has recently posted something that might solve your problem. Search this forum for "VPN" please.  

Threlly
Involved

Signal will drop off as you approach the tower as the frequencies in use mean that the signal will literally fire over your head like the beam of a torch, to really gauge the signal from a tower you will need to be at least several hundred meters away at ground level or high enough up in the air to be in the "firing line" of the cell.

Spoontamer
Regular

Same here. 
Never again Three. 
Bought 2 days ago Huawei 5G router because I no longer can trust Zyxel NR5103E, about 10 times per month I need to RESTART it to get internet connection working. Sick and tired of this c*ap 

Today arrived Huawei, I installed SIM card in there and it’s seems to work Ok so far. 
I went out and took with me Zyxel NR5103E and smashed it into a small pieces against asphalt on the road. 
So f**king disappointed with this service, all the time excuses, uploading speed is BELOW  3 Mb/s !!! Ridiculously disgusting service.