cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unusable Broadband in Hove

NeilK
Fledgling

The broadband network in Hove has become unusable in the evenings and at weekends. What can I do to improve it, or find out what’s going on with the network? It’s worked fine for the last18 months. On a side note EE also appears to be having the same issue…

Best solution
Best solution
sc1999
Local celebrity

I think that the networks have not been able to increase their broadband bandwidth to match their speed of sales. Despite what a lot of people think bandwidth is not infinite. 

View solution in conversation

5 REPLIES 5
Geluk
Key player

1/ Look up 'broadband contention'.

2/ Enter your postcode in 3's network coverage page.'

Best solution
sc1999
Local celebrity

I think that the networks have not been able to increase their broadband bandwidth to match their speed of sales. Despite what a lot of people think bandwidth is not infinite. 

NeilK
Fledgling

Spoke to three, they could t find a problem and replaced the SIM card, but I’ve not seen much improvement. It still hits 5pm and speed grinds to a halt. It feels like the local mast(s) are overloaded, as there’s no fibre available here, and broadband via a phone line tops out at 10MB. I suspect everyone has had the same idea and taken up a mobile broadband connection 🙄

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @NeilK,

I'm sorry to hear that the speeds have been letting you down. Does our Network Status Checker show that we're doing any work locally?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

tdavies
Fledgling

I have same issue, it’s been bad in Hove since December. Three (level2 support) don’t see any problem. Have tried a different 5G router & a GiffGaff sim, still no better. My signal is strong, -102db. Must be smthg going on at the mast if it affects giffgaff as well. I have to work from home so am switching to sky or idnet next week.