cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Home Broadband Support so Terrible?

rickuk
Fledgling

Network status checker has shown "We’re fixing an issue with our network in this area" for weeks now. Mobile phone and home broadband signal (4G/5G) has been intermittent, gradually getting worse to the point I had to borrow a neighbour's WiFi code. The mast is at B30 2LT (ID:176968).

Tech Support tell me we're not in a 5G Home Broadband area (and according to the Three website, we're not) but 5G has been working fine for over 2 years - plus, we were getting average speeds of 400-600, up to 700mbps.

Advice from the second-line Tech Support is (I kid you not) to cancel my contract and go elsewhere!!!

Any ThreeUK staff want to comment on that?

1 REPLY 1
StephR
Employee
Employee

Hey rickuk, thanks for joining us here on Three Community.

This doesn't sound like something the other community members can help you with, so we'll do our best to move things forward for you.

Can you please let me know what model of router you're using? Was that a 5G Home Broadband contract you took out from Three?

When you spoke with the tech team did they advise that there was a long-term outage in the area, causing that intermittent connection?

Let us know a little more and we'll figure out the next best step for you.

StephR

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.