cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G Internet Suddenly Gone Off

PW07533280701
Fledgling

We normally get 600-800mb 5G Internet on the Zyxel NR5103E and we noticed it was down at 50-60mb for a couple of days so (stupidly) I went onto LiveChat to see what the issue was. The guy ran some checks and then came back and said he was going to reset my account or something and once he has done this I should restart the router. My internet went off that very instant!

I waited a bit and nothing, no internet so I restarted the device. Still no internet.

I called them up and they said everything was fine on the account. We reset the router etc. Nothing.

Luckily my neighbour has the same setup and router etc. so I borrowed his device and SIM. I plugged it all in and all working great. I put his SIM in my router and all working great so not my device. I put my SIM in his router and no internet.

So it was looking like my SIM card. I didnt want to wait 3 days for a new SIM so I went to the shop to get one, they activated it and I took it home popped it in a still no internet nearly 24 hours later. Ive popped the SIM inside a 5G phone and only getting 3G reception, its like it doesnt 4G/5G on the account anymore.

Im now having to cancel this outside of my cooling off period and setup a new account because they simply have no idea what is wrong. They have no idea what he did or how he has stopped it working but he clearly has! Any one else had this and what was the issue?

3 REPLIES 3
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi There,

I'm really sorry to hear about this loss of service on your Broadband connection, this sounds like a really frustrating situation to go through. I can honestly say I've never seen anything quite like what you've described in my years with Three, but it may be more apparent if we can have a look at your account behind the scenes.

I hope that this is on the way to getting fixed already, but just in case I'll send a private message that will get you in touch with some colleagues who can take a closer look.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
JonathanB

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here

DCc
Regular

Hi Johnathan I’m now at 7 weeks with virtually no service on my 5 g home broadband one minute it was fine for year then just switched up and getting 0.4 mgbs /all apparently working well on investigation .

I’ve had to go away for a couple of weeks but can see the router on a camera and it hasn’t moved o jot of 4g/I have countless how’s and indeed spent good money for non existence service /I’ve changed sim and changed router 3 times ..I even got the new router just incast the Ste had patched up …I can’t do anymore just get me out of this shocking mess.

regards

dave 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Dave,

I appreciate you've had a really frustrating experience the last few weeks. I've sent you a PM earlier today to get you in touch with an escalated support team to look into the situation further, and check how we best resolve this for you.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here