cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZYXEL NRE5103E - Home Networking Issues

JCFromBerks
Regular

Please can a Three moderator advise on the following issue.  We have had 5G mobile broadband for around 6 months, with limited issues.  However since overnight Thursday 13th July, we are now having multiple connection issues with devices around the house that had previously been fine.

Specific issues include a SONOS setup that refuses to connect (it simply fails on the app once the wifi password is put in), an older Alexa device that again refuses to connect citing that it does not recognise the password even though it is correct (2 x other Alexa devices work perfectly), and a wireless printer that returns error messages when a job is sent to it but then roars in to life 15mins later...  All worked well until last week as described.  Laptops, phones and smart TVs also appear unaffected.

I have factory reset the ZYXEL hub, and can confirm it is running b14 firmware.  Speaking to Three's webchat, they suggested they had manually refreshed settings their end but this has not resolved the issues - only the printing worked for 10mins before now being intermittent.

It is too much of a coincidence that all of these devices stopped working on the same evening, although with my admittedly limited knowledge, I can't see any issues in the router settings that would lead to such issues.  Therefore it feels like it has to be something faulty behind the scenes or with the hub itself?  Please help, and thank you in advance!

Best solution
Best solution
Kevwelhamster
Regular

B14 firmware caused me same issues with my Naim must streamer . There's a reply to my thread (Dropping LAN port) from @JonathanB with the solution to disable IPv6 firewall settings and LAN settings and change APN Cellular setting to manual. You need to access the hub from web browser 192.168.1.1 to make the changes .

Good luck

View solution in conversation

5 REPLIES 5
Best solution
Kevwelhamster
Regular

B14 firmware caused me same issues with my Naim must streamer . There's a reply to my thread (Dropping LAN port) from @JonathanB with the solution to disable IPv6 firewall settings and LAN settings and change APN Cellular setting to manual. You need to access the hub from web browser 192.168.1.1 to make the changes .

Good luck

JCFromBerks
Regular

Thank you Kevwelhamster - actually found that post last night, disables IPv6 as per Anvil’s super helpful guide, and now back online with my SONOS, Alexa and printer! Appreciate the steer, and glad to have resolved.

Alstond
Fledgling

Hi, I too am having difficulty with Sonos connection since mid July and have b14 firmware. Could you send me more detail on how to modify settings to correct this. I’m afraid I’m not too tech savvy. Cheers

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Alstond,

The thread they're referring to is FYI : IPv6 Prevented VPN Connection there's some step by step info in there about setting APN to manual and setting to IPv4 only.

Hope this helps,
JonathanB

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here

benbutler55
Fledgling

It is interesting to see this post. Since Friday my connection to my work VPN has become unstable and on Saturday I discovered my PS5 is suddenly being blocked by the router, over wifi and wired connections.

Every other device is fine though, which makes it more strange.

I will check my firmware version to see if it has updated recently. I have gone through the usual process of restarting and resetting everything bu no luck so far.