cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zyxel NR5103E Fails to Reconnect

Waggers
Regular

I'm currently away from home for a month.

My Zyxel NR5103E lost it's connection a few days ago and, as others have reported, it won't reconnect without a reboot (which requires someone being present on-site).

I phoned Three's technical support team to see if they could remotely reboot the device but they couldn't.

I then asked if my account could be suspended so I wasn't paying for a service I couldn't use.  This wasn't possible, I was told, and I would have to pay for the service even if it wasn't being provided.  They went on to say, that my only option was to cancel my account (I'm on a monthly contract).

Bearing in mind that this failure to automatically reconnect after an outage is known by Three, would it not be possible for a customer to request to suspend an account after a disconnect of, say, 24 hours?  After all, Three supplied the router knowing it had this 'feature'.

I'm now in a situation where my home security, Alexa routines and smart heating are all off-line. 

1 REPLY 1
Neil
Regular

The dropping connection on pretty much all their routers is an absolute joke and means you get an abysmal service. 

What's worse is when you speak to support they gaslight you and make you think you're the first person to experience this. 

Absolute terrible company, service, and support. 😞