cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zyxel NR5103E USB Drive Folder Sharing not available

Anvil_Iron
Rising star

When a USB drive is connected to the USB port, the web-based config (Network Setting > USB Service) doesn't display options to share folders. The page shows Volume as /dev/sda, Capacity and Used space are shown for the drive so it's recognised by the router. File Sharing Services is enabled and applied. I'm expecting a File Sharing / Add new share option but this isn't available. Firmware is V1.00(ACBJ.0)b12 which is currently the latest.

I looked at a screen shot for a Zyxel EX5501 which has a similar interface and Share Directory List option is available when File Sharing Services is enabled but the volume is usb1_sda1.

I have tried a factory reset, different drives (HDD/flash), usb2/3 drives, ntfs/fat32 formats but none helped. Does anyone know if this is a firmware issue? Has someone tried using the USB3 port for folder/file sharing?

Anvil_Iron_0-1673791395847.jpeg

Best solution
Best solution
Mike20490420
Regular

I thought I had the same issue but I've just managed to get it working on Android. I noticed when I scanned the ports on the router, port 445 was open. This stopped showing after some time. I restarted the router and it appeared again. 

On Android, I used File Commander to acces network drive. FC scanned, found the drive and USB folder but access was denied. I added my username and password in FC and it now works fine. Now I'm going to try and map the drive in Windows. 

View solution in conversation

13 REPLIES 13
MikeWilkin
Fledgling

Im also having this issue, would be good to see it resolved

Mike20490420
Regular

Works for me. See below. 

crypt0ninja
Established

This was recently tested by someone over at ISPReview forums and seemed to work fine for them.

Haven't tried it myself but ill test it tomorrow.

Anvil_Iron
Rising star

Hi, Have you tried plugging in a USB drive to see if it can be shared?

Mike20490420
Regular

Works for me, see below

Anvil_Iron
Rising star

The volume entry /dev/sda shouldn't exist when no storage device is plugged into the USB port like below for another Zyxel router. 

No_USB_Storage_Plugged.JPG

Best solution
Mike20490420
Regular

I thought I had the same issue but I've just managed to get it working on Android. I noticed when I scanned the ports on the router, port 445 was open. This stopped showing after some time. I restarted the router and it appeared again. 

On Android, I used File Commander to acces network drive. FC scanned, found the drive and USB folder but access was denied. I added my username and password in FC and it now works fine. Now I'm going to try and map the drive in Windows. 

Mike20490420
Regular

Yup. Works in Windows too. 

In file explorer Rh click 'this pc', select map network drive, enter \\[your router's IP address]\USB_SHARE

I was then prompted for my userid and pw

Bingo! 😁

Anvil_Iron
Rising star

Hi, Can you provide a screenshot of the USB Service page from within the router web-config? Thanks.