cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zyxel NR5103E V2 problem

Simon1402
Fledgling

New 3 customer but having repeated problems with the latest model of 5G mobile hub. We frequently find that all devices are connected to WiFi but getting "no Internet". I have now checked and found that wired connections also have no access and neither does the 5g app. The lights show a good signal but no Internet access and it does not reconnect but after rebooting is fine - until the next time that the same thing happens. 

Thanks to @Anvil_Iron, I have been able to disable IPv6 and have tried both manual APNs but nothing seems to stop this problem. Any ideas please? 

PXL_20240219_224737488.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
ashscrivens
Regular

That red light indicates its not connected to data. I has the same hub and same issues, for me selecting manual APN, entering three.co.uk and selecting IPv4 only has fixed this issue.

Also in the wifi settings you can split 2Ghz and 5Ghz, i found some devices like smart TV's prefer 2Ghz as if they were connected to 5Ghz wifi they would say 'no internet'

After changing the APN settings allow the hub about 5mins to reconnect.

Simon1402
Fledgling

Thanks both. I have split the bands. I am currently using 3internet on manual as this is supposed to be better suited to broadband than three.co.uk but I don't know the details of the differences. 

It's not a wifi issue because it affects wired connections too. It's not a signal issue because signal is great even when it says it has no connection to the Internet. If I use the sim to hotspot, it works just fine so it seems to be something to do with the box and the way it is configured. Sigh! 

Psmithson
Involved

Have you used the status checker to see if there's a problem in your area? The only time I had a similar issue was when they had their network outage last week.

Simon1402
Fledgling

Bizarrely, it now seems to have stopped doing it. I haven't changed anything but for the last two days it has been fine.

Fingers crossed...

Simon1402
Fledgling

It's back. Same thing happened yesterday afternoon. Perfect signal but no connection to internet. Reboot solves it.

@JonathanB please can you advise. Customer services are no help.

ashscrivens
Regular

Try changing to three.co.uk as when mine is set to 3internet I have this exact issue.

Change it to three.co.uk and allow it time change over and see how it behaves for a day or 2

Simon1402
Fledgling

Thanks, will give it a try.