Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disconnection when downloading heavy files.

dettails
Fledgling

I mainly use my broadband for gaming and as it says on the advertisements and on the contract, it's unlimited and there's no cap but for the past week I've been getting disconnections whenever I try to download games on my PS5, because of the low storage, I'm forced to constantly to keep downloading games and deleting old games, and when I first got the broadband it was fine, fast downloads even since it's the 5G, but now whenever I try to do it, the router liberally stops receiving packs, which then I get an error saying no connection, my bills are in order, the router diagnosis says the sim card and the network is in order, I get full connection as the router is in a good spot and all the lights are on, but the only indication that there's an issue is when my downloads stop and the 192.168.0.1 page shows a "0" on the download-upload. Only two devices connected are my PS5 and my phone. The only way to get it to be normal again is to restart the router. If I don't download anything it and just watch Netflix or surf the web it, works normal. The moment I download it cuts off as if the load its to heavy... why?

Do I have a defective router or am  getting soft cap from using the unlimited internet?

1 REPLY 1
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey dettails,

Welcome to the Three Community.

We don't have any caps on download speeds or volumes for our unlimited plans, so that is a really strange issue.

And it only seems to be when you do a download on the Playstation Network? No effect on online gaming, or streaming on the PS5? If you have a 5G phone, it might be worth testing a download over hotspot, either if you have an unlimited phone data, or by swapping the router SIM to the phone. This can at least help decide if the router seems to be where the problem lies.

Let us know if that helps.

JonathanB 

We'd like to hear your feedback! Let us know how easy you find it to get ready to Roam, and be in with a chance to win 7 days of free Roaming Passes – find out more here!