Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Cellular

a_ukboy
Active

Hello, I’ve just moved over from EE to Three, number is porting today! I’ve moved over to the Pay as you go, simply because it still has the free go roam service, and £10 for 20GB is enough for me, but I’m also thinking now that maybe I’ll want the cellular service for my Apple Watch 7, I believe it’s only available on pay monthly tariff’s? I don’t understand why go roam is chargeable for pay monthly but still free on pay as you go!
Anyway my question is I did read somewhere that Cellular connection is now available on Three, and free for the first 6 months? Then £7 per month after? Is that still correct? If so then maybe I’ll move over to pay monthly! I’ve seen an offer on Top Cash Back now of 30GB for £9 plus £45 cash back so effectively £5.25pm on 12 month contract..

Just thinking about my options now…

15 REPLIES 15
StephR
Employee
Employee

Hey a_ukboy, welcome to Three 😊

You're correct on all accounts here. You can absolutely take out a Pay Monthly contract and add a Smartwatch Pairing plan to that. It costs £7 per month and both our Smartwatch Pairing 24 month and Smartwatch Pairing 1 month options are currently free for 6 months.

Just remember that you'll need an iPhone 6s or newer with the latest version of iOS installed, and that your Apple Watch needs to have GPS + Cellular. Find out more, and how to set it all up on our handy support pages.

StephR

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

a_ukboy
Active

Any ideas how long the free 6 months offer is on for? I’ve ordered my pay monthly sim, I guess you just set up the Apple Watch cellular via the Apple Watch App? Or do I need to call CS? And I’m also guessing it’s best to wait until after I’ve ported my number in before I try adding cellular data to my watch? 

Thanks 

StephR
Employee
Employee

Yep, once you've got your new SIM through and set up, open up the Watch app on your phone and start the pairing process. You'll be asked if you want to activate mobile data, so just follow the step by step instructions to connect to your Smartwatch Pairing Plan.

Until 16 December 2022 any customer who adds Smartwatch Pairing to their existing account in this way, will receive it free for 6 months.

It shouldn't matter when you port your number, as you should be able to update those details within your settings. But you may want to wait until your number has moved, just to keep things straightforward 🙂

Hope this helps!

StephR

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

zan
Fledgling

I'm trying to join the Apple Watch plan, but have been told on the phone that the 6 months free is ONLY for new Apple watches bought from Three. Is this so? I've been waiting for a few years now for Three to support Apple Watch.  Is there a link with Ts&Cs that show the 6 month free option?

StephR
Employee
Employee

Hey Zan

If I'm reading you right, you've already got an Apple Watch and are just looking to add a Smartwatch Pairing plan to your existing Three phone contract, is that right?

If so, just open the Watch app on your phone and tap 'My Watch', 'Mobile Data' and then 'Set Up Mobile Data'. From there, you should be able to buy and activate Smartwatch Pairing. 

Let me know if that's right, and how you get on with setting that up. In the meantime, I'll find out about T&Cs for you.

StephR

StephR
Employee
Employee

Hey @zan, how did you get on with adding Smartwatch Pairing?

Just to confirm, the 6 months free element is linked to all Smartwatch Pairing. So that'll apply regardless of whether you're adding it to your existing phone plan as described above, or taking out a brand new iPhone or SIM only deal.

StephR

Henry_m321
Fledgling

I have got a planned added but doesn’t seem to come up on my Apple Watch . When I got to mobile data on the watch app on my iPhone it says set up mobile service. After clicking the set up mobile service option it brings me to a three page . After logging in , it says I should buy now, but I’ve already bought a plan. 
furthermore after pressing buy now it comes up with an error message 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Henry_m321,

Welcome to the Three Community.

That sounds really frustrating, we'll do our best to help. Are able to share the error message that displays?

Let us know and we'll check what further advice we can give.

JonathanB

We'd like to hear your feedback! Let us know how easy you find it to get ready to Roam, and be in with a chance to win 7 days of free Roaming Passes – find out more here!

Gary
Involved

When will you and Jonathan tell to me about Apple pairing please I’ve contacted you guys loads of time I need help please 

I’m disabled and in a wheelchair so I need this to work as I was promised by the sales team please reply with any news about what’s happening please