cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Cellular

a_ukboy
Active

Hello, I’ve just moved over from EE to Three, number is porting today! I’ve moved over to the Pay as you go, simply because it still has the free go roam service, and £10 for 20GB is enough for me, but I’m also thinking now that maybe I’ll want the cellular service for my Apple Watch 7, I believe it’s only available on pay monthly tariff’s? I don’t understand why go roam is chargeable for pay monthly but still free on pay as you go!
Anyway my question is I did read somewhere that Cellular connection is now available on Three, and free for the first 6 months? Then £7 per month after? Is that still correct? If so then maybe I’ll move over to pay monthly! I’ve seen an offer on Top Cash Back now of 30GB for £9 plus £45 cash back so effectively £5.25pm on 12 month contract..

Just thinking about my options now…

15 REPLIES 15
StephR
Employee
Employee

Hey @Gary, have you checked your private message inbox since you last posted? Just click your avatar and then 'Messages' to find that.

I sent you a private message on Thursday, with more information and how to get in touch so we can move things forward for you. 

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

Gary
Involved

Does the Apple Watch need a E-SIM too work to connect cellular between the two ?

Laugesen1
Fledgling

Hi, I'm on a Three monthly contract and want to buy the new Iwatch 8 Ultra which comes with cellular as standard. Can I connect this with my current 3 contract?

thanks

StephR
Employee
Employee

Hey @Laugesen1 welcome to Three Community. 

We'll have more news on the newly announced Apple Watch range soon, so keep your eyes on three.co.uk for updates.

In the meantime, here’s how things work with the Apple Watches we already have available:

• If you’re taking out a new iPhone or 24-month SIM contract, you can add an Apple Watch to your plan at the point of purchase. These bundles are available in-store or over the phone.

• Alternatively, if you already have an iPhone 6s or above on a Pay Monthly plan or 24-month SIM plan, you can take a different route. Purchase your Apple Watch from our Accessories store, then choose our Smartwatch Pairing Plan to connect your watch and phone and share your allowances between the two.

You'll find these and more details on our Apple Watch support page. As I've said, we'll have more news to share on the newest models soon.

StephR 

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

Vin
Fledgling

Good evening StephR,

I bought an Apple Watch for my daughter who don’t have her own iPhone. The watch is paired to my iPhone via family set up. As I would like her having a phone number different from mine, I also bought an additional mobile plan with Three, activated on an eSim, activated and normally working. 
Following the watch set up, I have tried to set up the mobile data from the watch app on my iphone. Unfortunately it does not work as it says that ‘The Three account on the iPhone cannot be used to add a plan to the watch’. 
This is quite an annoying situation. Do you have idea why this happens and how can be fixed?

thank you 

Vin

Gary
Involved

my iPhone says this now I don’t understand as it’s activated in my three account 

IMG_1765.jpeg