cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get returns label

FrancescoCroce
Fledgling

Upgraded to a new contract on the 24th November only to receive a handset on the 29th November which was faulty (unable to get service). This went through a troubleshooting process and the the second line technician advised this would need to be investigated further and a replacement handset was requested on the 3rd December, in which there would be an exchange for the faulty handset. 

On the 9th December, we still had not received the replacement handset and contacted Three again.  We requested that the contract was cancelled as we still had to wait for the new phone to be delivered. We were told a returns label would be sent in two working days, which did not arrive. On the 13th December, this was requested again and we were advised it would definitely arrive in two working days. On the 15th December, this still had not turned up and so we contacted Three again and were put through to the Customer Relations team. Fortunately I have screenshots of both conversations with the agents who advised this label had been sent as Customer Relations had advised that this had not been requested. 

Customer Relations have requested this label again. I am concerned that I am approaching the end of my cooling off period on the 21st December and I am still being charged for a phone which I am unable to use, and unable to return as Three will not send the returns label. 

Please could someone advise on this? I am unable to cancel my contract with Three until the faulty handset is returned to them 

6 REPLIES 6
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello. 

Welcome to the Three Community. 

It's disappointing to hear that you've been unable to receive the returns packaging/label. I'm unsure why there would be such a delay. 

You mentioned speaking to the customer relations team more recently, when was that, and how long did they advise it would take to come? 

Pete. 

FrancescoCroce
Fledgling

Hi Pete

Thank you for your reply and for trying to help.

I have had multiple dealings with different agents. The returns label was eventually sent yesterday lunchtime, I made contact with the customer relations team on Friday morning.  This experience has been really challenging, I have sent the handset back via DPD this morning as per the guidance. I have received a confirmation email from DPD advising that this is now on its way back to Three. However,  I am concerned that Three have still been difficult with cancelling contracts even when the handset has been returned. I have the tracking information and will be taking screen shots to evidence that it has got to where it needs to be. How long will it take to cancel the contract?

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @FrancescoCroce,

I'm glad to hear that the returns label has been received and you were able to send the phone back. As you've described a returned upgrade, the team would usually move you to an equivalent 30 day rolling SIM plan rather than automatically cancel the account.

Hopefully the festive period hasn't caused too much of a delay, but normally I'd expect the return to have been processed as it's been about a week. If you haven't had any update by now, I'd recommend catching up with Customer Relations, and letting them know whether you'd prefer to cancel, get a PAC, or look into an alternative upgrade option, they should be able to confirm that the return is processed so that you don't inadvertently incur an early upgrade or termination fee.

Hope this helps,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Brit177
Fledgling

Hi @JonathanB I private messaged could you get back when possible 

Brit177
Fledgling

@JonathanB i messaged you get back when possible 

Geluk
Key player

Numerous posts here on the non arrival of RETURNS labels; rarer than hen's teeth!