cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoLTE issing Galaxy A70

freeflow
Regular

Hi

I am trying to switch on  VoLTE via this method below But VoLTE is not there. how can I activate it on Samsung A70? is there a code like on poco f4 I can use?

Tap on Connections.
Tap on Mobile networks.
Toggle on VoLTE calls.

7 REPLIES 7
sc1999
Local celebrity

It may not be available on your phone with 3 or you may not have the latest software version.

freeflow
Regular

Apparently it is available

After five long years mobile operator Three UK has today announced that they’ve finally completed the rollout of their Voice-over-LTE (VoLTE) service (aka – “Super Voice“), which is now available across their entire 4G network

Samsung A 70 is certainly enabled and so is the software as other people been using it.

sc1999
Local celebrity

Try calling customer services on 333 and there is an option of help with device. Also there is a comment here from a moderator. 

https://community.three.co.uk/t5/Network/Wifi-Calling-and-4G-Calling/m-p/9398

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @freeflow,

I'll do my best to help. We'd normally expect an A70 should work on VoLTE with Three, but happy to check into this further if it doesn't seem to be.

Was your A70 supplied by Three, did you buy it unlocked, or was it originally supplied locked to another network? 

Can you share the software version you have installed please? If you dial *#1234# this should show on screen.

Are you using more than one SIM in the phone?

Let me know on the above, and I'll get this checked into further.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

freeflow
Regular

A 70Screenshot_20230406-164336_DeviceKeystring.jpg

Hi thanks, it was supplied by three locked to 3 and only using one sim

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you @freeflow, I've shared this with some colleagues to see if we can find out more. If supplied by Three the phone will be unlocked, and ought to be able to use VoLTE by default, but I'll try to find out if there's any known issues or further advice we can give.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Mopees
Regular

Interesting you asked about using more than 1 sim. Does having a dual sim on another network (O2) affect VoLTE? Samsung S21, VoLTE switched on for both sims. 

When i first got the phone and was having initial call issues dropping out and no/poor audio. 3 denied it was anything to do with them. Samsung sent a mobile technician out and he told me to keep VoLTE OFF as he said it will keep searching for 4g signal even if it can't find it so if you have poor coverage in your area (which i do) then to keep it switched off. Now that 3g is being phased out should i keep VoLTE ON? It keeps defaulting to ON anyway i have to keep checking it and turning it off if i have call issues. 

Thanks